UVA ED???

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
sternc

UVA ED???

Postby sternc » Sun Jan 03, 2010 5:37 pm

What do y'all think my chances are at UVA early decision? I have 3.9 and got a 167 on the december test after a 160 in September.

Also, anyone have any experience with the the ED process at UVA? what are the pros/cons?

Helmholtz

Re: UVA ED???

Postby Helmholtz » Sun Jan 03, 2010 5:42 pm

The deadline for UVA ED is passed.

Postby 09042014 » Sun Jan 03, 2010 5:49 pm

sternc wrote:What do y'all think my chances are at UVA early decision? I have 3.9 and got a 167 on the december test after a 160 in September.

Also, anyone have any experience with the the ED process at UVA? what are the pros/cons?

I think you'd be almost certainly in, if you had done it this year. Of course the deadline is now passed.

Pros: Definite boost in chances of acceptance.

You hear back within 15 days. So you cycle could be done before October.

Cons:You'll have to wait a year, which risks them changing patterns

You have no choice in where you go. You'll have to go.

Helmholtz

Postby Helmholtz » Sun Jan 03, 2010 5:52 pm

Desert Fox wrote:
sternc wrote:What do y'all think my chances are at UVA early decision? I have 3.9 and got a 167 on the december test after a 160 in September.

I think you'd be almost certainly in, if you had done it this year. Of course the deadline is now passed.

+1

I think having to go to UVA (of all schools) is definitely a con worth mentioning. But I guess if you have no shot at the higher schools like NYU, Michigan, Penn, or Cornell, then you might as well, it's just a shame.

Postby 09042014 » Sun Jan 03, 2010 5:58 pm

Helmholtz wrote:
Desert Fox wrote:

+1

I think having to go to UVA (of all schools) is definitely a con worth mentioning. But I guess if you have no shot at the higher schools like NYU, Michigan, Penn, or Cornell, then you might as well, it's just a shame.

If I were OP I'd apply to MVP, NCDG this cycle and see what happens. Also what the OP would be doing for a year should be a consideration as well. I'd got MP over V anyway, and I wouldn't waste a year of time if I got NU or Duke, maybe Cornell, but I think I might sit out a cycle even if I got GTown.

democrattotheend

Postby democrattotheend » Mon Jan 04, 2010 7:22 pm

Helmholtz wrote:
Desert Fox wrote:

+1

Isn't UVA ranked higher than Cornell? And what is so bad about UVA? I just got accepted and haven't visited yet but it's definitely towards the top of my list. As a Virginia resident, it's definitely the best bang for my buck of the top 14.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”