Anybody heard from Utah?

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
User avatar
Zoomba200
Posts: 79
Joined: Thu Aug 27, 2009 4:55 pm

Re: Anybody heard from Utah?

Postby Zoomba200 » Tue Feb 23, 2010 8:28 pm

tyjole wrote:
Zoomba200 wrote:
tyjole wrote:just got the phone call from Dean Aguilar. He told me around mid-march they'd be done with the scholarship review, so maybe in time for their Admitted Students Day on the 18th we'll know about scholarship money. That's still pretty late, but at most schools you don't have to put down a seat deposit till May, so I guess it's ok. I don't really plan on going there anyway, so not much of importance for me.



May? wow. Sign me up. All of my schools are April 1st or April 15/16th.



I have to send in the acceptance letter and decision of matriculation by then, but the actual money for the seat deposit doesn't look like its due to May.



Maybe I ought to read my acceptance letters more carefully when I get home tonight. I might be stressing about nothing. I don't want to have to pay several deposits while I wait on Utah's financial aid that I may not even be receiving.

User avatar
Zoomba200
Posts: 79
Joined: Thu Aug 27, 2009 4:55 pm

Re: Anybody heard from Utah?

Postby Zoomba200 » Tue Feb 23, 2010 8:29 pm

austrascruff wrote:Just got the call! So excited!

It's kind of funny because I called them today to set up a tour and to sit in on a class. Good luck to those who haven't heard yet.



P.s. Congrats! It is pretty exciting to check your voicemail and hear the dean congratulating you!

cLams
Posts: 186
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2010 10:43 pm

Re: Anybody heard from Utah?

Postby cLams » Tue Feb 23, 2010 9:13 pm

Zoomba200 wrote:
austrascruff wrote:Just got the call! So excited!

It's kind of funny because I called them today to set up a tour and to sit in on a class. Good luck to those who haven't heard yet.



P.s. Congrats! It is pretty exciting to check your voicemail and hear the dean congratulating you!


Congrats guys! I just got the call from Dean Aguilar as well! Soooo excited!

yo!
Posts: 653
Joined: Tue Oct 14, 2008 11:11 pm

Re: Anybody heard from Utah?

Postby yo! » Tue Feb 23, 2010 9:30 pm

cLams wrote:
Zoomba200 wrote:
austrascruff wrote:Just got the call! So excited!

It's kind of funny because I called them today to set up a tour and to sit in on a class. Good luck to those who haven't heard yet.



P.s. Congrats! It is pretty exciting to check your voicemail and hear the dean congratulating you!


Congrats guys! I just got the call from Dean Aguilar as well! Soooo excited!


No love for me :(

cLams
Posts: 186
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2010 10:43 pm

Re: Anybody heard from Utah?

Postby cLams » Tue Feb 23, 2010 9:32 pm

yo! wrote:
cLams wrote:
Zoomba200 wrote:
austrascruff wrote:Just got the call! So excited!

It's kind of funny because I called them today to set up a tour and to sit in on a class. Good luck to those who haven't heard yet.



P.s. Congrats! It is pretty exciting to check your voicemail and hear the dean congratulating you!


Congrats guys! I just got the call from Dean Aguilar as well! Soooo excited!


No love for me :(


I'm sure you'll be feeling the love soon...you have a higher LSAT than me!

yo!
Posts: 653
Joined: Tue Oct 14, 2008 11:11 pm

Re: Anybody heard from Utah?

Postby yo! » Tue Feb 23, 2010 9:34 pm

[/quote]I'm sure you'll be feeling the love soon...you have a higher LSAT than me![/quote]

When did you apply?

cLams
Posts: 186
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2010 10:43 pm

Re: Anybody heard from Utah?

Postby cLams » Tue Feb 23, 2010 9:35 pm

yo! wrote:
I'm sure you'll be feeling the love soon...you have a higher LSAT than me![/quote]

When did you apply?[/quote]

1/20. How bout you?

yo!
Posts: 653
Joined: Tue Oct 14, 2008 11:11 pm

Re: Anybody heard from Utah?

Postby yo! » Tue Feb 23, 2010 9:38 pm

cLams wrote:
yo! wrote:
I'm sure you'll be feeling the love soon...you have a higher LSAT than me!


When did you apply?[/quote]

1/20. How bout you?[/quote]

Damn, they really must not like me :| I applied in December.

austrascruff
Posts: 31
Joined: Sat Jan 23, 2010 6:51 pm

Re: Anybody heard from Utah?

Postby austrascruff » Wed Feb 24, 2010 2:46 am

yo! wrote:
cLams wrote:
yo! wrote:
I'm sure you'll be feeling the love soon...you have a higher LSAT than me!


When did you apply?


1/20. How bout you?[/quote]

Damn, they really must not like me :| I applied in December.[/quote]

I applied the end of December too. My status checker is still the same and I was probably one of the last phone calls for today. There doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason as to who they are contacting first. Don't worry, I bet you get your phone call this week!


Thanks for the congrats everyone! It is an exciting time :)

User avatar
Zoomba200
Posts: 79
Joined: Thu Aug 27, 2009 4:55 pm

Re: Anybody heard from Utah?

Postby Zoomba200 » Wed Feb 24, 2010 12:23 pm

How many of you have Utah as your top choice as of right now?

User avatar
usuaggie
Posts: 585
Joined: Thu Dec 10, 2009 8:43 pm

Re: Anybody heard from Utah?

Postby usuaggie » Wed Feb 24, 2010 12:25 pm

Zoomba200 wrote:How many of you have Utah as your top choice as of right now?



utah and oregon are 50/50 right now for top choice.

yo!
Posts: 653
Joined: Tue Oct 14, 2008 11:11 pm

Re: Anybody heard from Utah?

Postby yo! » Wed Feb 24, 2010 1:49 pm

At sticker, it is number 3 or 4. With some money, it could potentially be #1.

Tuski
Posts: 92
Joined: Mon Dec 21, 2009 3:07 pm

Re: Anybody heard from Utah?

Postby Tuski » Wed Feb 24, 2010 3:39 pm

yo! wrote:At sticker, it is number 3 or 4. With some money, it could potentially be #1.


This for me too, with the right amount of money.

Arbella
Posts: 6
Joined: Mon Feb 22, 2010 3:28 pm

Re: Anybody heard from Utah?

Postby Arbella » Wed Feb 24, 2010 5:37 pm

50 / 50 Utah and Denver. I live in Denver, but husband can't move. I really like the small class size at Utah, but Denver is convenient.

yo!
Posts: 653
Joined: Tue Oct 14, 2008 11:11 pm

Re: Anybody heard from Utah?

Postby yo! » Wed Feb 24, 2010 7:31 pm

Why haven't the mods moved this into the acceptances/denials section?

User avatar
Zoomba200
Posts: 79
Joined: Thu Aug 27, 2009 4:55 pm

Re: Anybody heard from Utah?

Postby Zoomba200 » Wed Feb 24, 2010 7:38 pm

yo! wrote:Why haven't the mods moved this into the acceptances/denials section?



No Utah love. Not even to put us in the right section.

austrascruff
Posts: 31
Joined: Sat Jan 23, 2010 6:51 pm

Re: Anybody heard from Utah?

Postby austrascruff » Thu Feb 25, 2010 9:06 pm

Since I own a home in Utah and want to practice here, Utah and BYU are my first choice. I would still love to hear from BYU, but am certainly not disappointed with Utah in any way.

msbeautifulbasham
Posts: 206
Joined: Sat Mar 21, 2009 9:00 pm

Re: Anybody heard from Utah?

Postby msbeautifulbasham » Fri Feb 26, 2010 3:15 pm

Anyone know if they give travel stipends/reimbursements for ASD?

nbp
Posts: 8
Joined: Wed Feb 24, 2010 12:34 am

Re: Anybody heard from Utah?

Postby nbp » Sun Feb 28, 2010 6:04 am

booyah, got the call from dean aguilar on the 24th. i applied on feb. 2nd, so i was surprised at how quickly the process went. unless another school comes up with a monster scholarship (fingers crossed), i will be a U student again.

utahredsoxfan
Posts: 16
Joined: Thu Feb 25, 2010 7:33 pm

Re: Anybody heard from Utah?

Postby utahredsoxfan » Mon Mar 01, 2010 2:12 pm

I went "application received- thank you" on 1/21. nothing yet. how long were most of you waiting?

User avatar
justcap
Posts: 74
Joined: Sat Dec 12, 2009 11:39 pm

Re: Anybody heard from Utah?

Postby justcap » Tue Mar 02, 2010 9:06 pm

utahredsoxfan wrote:I went "application received- thank you" on 1/21. nothing yet. how long were most of you waiting?

I think I went complete in November or December, and I got a call on Feb 5, but I think that was the first week of acceptances. So I really don't know when you'll hear, but it seems like the U is kinda slow in their process (even scholarship offers aren't sent until mid-end of march).

Neelio
Posts: 530
Joined: Wed Sep 30, 2009 10:21 am

Re: Anybody heard from Utah?

Postby Neelio » Thu Mar 04, 2010 5:13 pm

anybody have multiple date changes while in review?

User avatar
usuaggie
Posts: 585
Joined: Thu Dec 10, 2009 8:43 pm

Re: Anybody heard from Utah?

Postby usuaggie » Thu Mar 04, 2010 5:19 pm

Neelio wrote:anybody have multiple date changes while in review?


basically everybody as far as I know

Neelio
Posts: 530
Joined: Wed Sep 30, 2009 10:21 am

Re: Anybody heard from Utah?

Postby Neelio » Thu Mar 04, 2010 5:22 pm

usuaggie wrote:
Neelio wrote:anybody have multiple date changes while in review?


basically everybody as far as I know


cool... thanks. went from IR 02/17----->IR 03/03. Hoping I get the nod here in a few days.

User avatar
Zoomba200
Posts: 79
Joined: Thu Aug 27, 2009 4:55 pm

Re: Anybody heard from Utah?

Postby Zoomba200 » Thu Mar 04, 2010 6:29 pm

Anyone planning on attending the Stegner Center symposium on the 12th and 13th?




Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: bergers2short and 6 guests