Anybody heard from Utah? Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
yo!

Silver

Re: Anybody heard from Utah?

Post by yo! » Thu Feb 18, 2010 12:57 pm

They updated my status review date on 2/10 and nothing since..... I'm wondering what this means :?:

tyjole

New

Post by tyjole » Thu Feb 18, 2010 1:53 pm

Mine did the same. It's just Utah being slow. Who knows...

wswalt

New

Post by wswalt » Thu Feb 18, 2010 3:43 pm

Mine updated on 2/10 and then again on 2/17. Anyone else have this? I am starting to get nervous.

3nosp

New

Post by 3nosp » Thu Feb 18, 2010 3:50 pm

My status date hasn't changed since 1/27 but still no word on a decision. I check the mail anxiously everyday but I guess I'll just keep waiting patiently...

Zoomba200

New

Post by Zoomba200 » Thu Feb 18, 2010 3:51 pm

My status checker was updated on 1/22 and I heard from Dean Aguilar on Februrary 4th. I don't know if there is a correlation in the dates, but my status was updated about 3 times before I got the call. Twice in less than 2 weeks.

And it never changed from "Under Review".

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

wswalt

New

Post by wswalt » Thu Feb 18, 2010 3:56 pm

Does anyone know if they have sent out any rejections or waitlists? I looked on lsn and couldn't see any.

Shlonster

Bronze

Post by Shlonster » Thu Feb 18, 2010 5:18 pm

Last edited by Shlonster on Tue Dec 14, 2010 10:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

austrascruff

New

Post by austrascruff » Thu Feb 18, 2010 5:48 pm

wswalt wrote:Mine updated on 2/10 and then again on 2/17. Anyone else have this? I am starting to get nervous.
I am in the same boat and getting really nervous as well. :?

austrascruff

New

Post by austrascruff » Thu Feb 18, 2010 5:53 pm

Zoomba200 wrote:My status checker was updated on 1/22 and I heard from Dean Aguilar on Februrary 4th. I don't know if there is a correlation in the dates, but my status was updated about 3 times before I got the call. Twice in less than 2 weeks.

And it never changed from "Under Review".
I hope this is a good sign for me then. Mine has changed 3 times in about 2 weeks. I need to stop thinking about it. I guess I just really thought I would hear this week, good or bad.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

wswalt

New

Post by wswalt » Thu Feb 18, 2010 6:04 pm

austrascruff wrote:
wswalt wrote:Mine updated on 2/10 and then again on 2/17. Anyone else have this? I am starting to get nervous.
I am in the same boat and getting really nervous as well. :?
Do you mind sharing or pming your stats?

3nosp

New

Post by 3nosp » Thu Feb 18, 2010 7:06 pm

In case anyone is curious my #'s are 162 and 3.25. My status date changed 3 times--the last being 1/27 and has been stagnant since. I still haven't heard anything but hopefully something is coming soon

kswiss

Bronze

Post by kswiss » Thu Feb 18, 2010 7:41 pm

I've been in review since 2-10. Received a call from Dean Aguilar a couple weeks ago with some questions about my app, nothing since. I would really like to get in here, visited the law library last week for another class, and Utah feels like my home. (not the state, I hate it here. I love this campus and faculty though.)

Mosca

Bronze

Post by Mosca » Thu Feb 18, 2010 8:19 pm

I was under review on 12/4 and then changed to "Application Complete" 1/28. LSP says I'm an admit, but I can't help thinking that I'm getting the waitlist or a ding.
Last edited by Mosca on Thu Feb 18, 2010 11:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

living_fiction

New

Post by living_fiction » Thu Feb 18, 2010 9:16 pm

In today w/call from Dean Aguilar! It's the first of my cycle, so I'm incredibly stoked. I missed the call because I was at work, but I'll call him back tomorrow during my lunch break with questions. I went complete in mid-January, and my status date also changed 3 times in the past month, but still currently says "In Review".

FWIW, 26 y/o out-of-state female with a 158 / 3.77.

Good luck to everyone!

kswiss

Bronze

Post by kswiss » Thu Feb 18, 2010 9:18 pm

Congrats. I hope I get one of those calls soon.

usuaggie

Silver

Post by usuaggie » Thu Feb 18, 2010 9:39 pm

your stats are all really discouraging for me

Zoomba200

New

Post by Zoomba200 » Fri Feb 19, 2010 12:17 pm

Shlonster wrote:In, 170 3.6, missed call from Dean Aguilar while at work. No mentino of scholly info or seat deposit stuff, guessing that will come later. Seemed like a pretty nice fellow.

He'll tell you about the seat deposits and such when he calls you back and then you'll get a nice binder with tons of information in about a week. He will also tell you that scholarship information does not come until mid to late march.

After they have sent out all of their acceptances and denials they do a 2nd review of the applicants to determine scholarship offers.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

yo!

Silver

Post by yo! » Fri Feb 19, 2010 12:22 pm

I just looked at my status checker and noticed that I listed my main phone number as my work number. The problem is that I forgot to include my extension. This is a perfect opportunity to be optimisitic and assume that the dean has been desperately trying to reach me, but isn't able. :lol:

justcap

New

Post by justcap » Sat Feb 20, 2010 12:05 pm

Zoomba200 wrote: He will also tell you that scholarship information does not come until mid to late march.

After they have sent out all of their acceptances and denials they do a 2nd review of the applicants to determine scholarship offers.
Does anyone else think it's kind of silly and annoying that they would wait so long to send out scholarship info? You'd think if they really wanted us to go then they'd be on the ball and offer them early... Maybe I don't understand the acceptance process very well...

yo!

Silver

Post by yo! » Sat Feb 20, 2010 1:34 pm

justcap wrote:
Zoomba200 wrote: He will also tell you that scholarship information does not come until mid to late march.

Does anyone else think it's kind of silly and annoying that they would wait so long to send out scholarship info? You'd think if they really wanted us to go then they'd be on the ball and offer them early... Maybe I don't understand the acceptance process very well...
Seriously. Seat deposits will be due and I won't have all of the necessary info.

Zoomba200

New

Post by Zoomba200 » Mon Feb 22, 2010 12:55 pm

yo! wrote:
justcap wrote:

Seriously. Seat deposits will be due and I won't have all of the necessary info.

Yeah. Other schools I am considering have deposit RECIEVED deadlines of of April 1st and I am going to get the Utah scholarship information in late march?!?!

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

tyjole

New

Post by tyjole » Tue Feb 23, 2010 7:29 pm

just got the phone call from Dean Aguilar. He told me around mid-march they'd be done with the scholarship review, so maybe in time for their Admitted Students Day on the 18th we'll know about scholarship money. That's still pretty late, but at most schools you don't have to put down a seat deposit till May, so I guess it's ok. I don't really plan on going there anyway, so not much of importance for me.

Zoomba200

New

Post by Zoomba200 » Tue Feb 23, 2010 7:40 pm

tyjole wrote:just got the phone call from Dean Aguilar. He told me around mid-march they'd be done with the scholarship review, so maybe in time for their Admitted Students Day on the 18th we'll know about scholarship money. That's still pretty late, but at most schools you don't have to put down a seat deposit till May, so I guess it's ok. I don't really plan on going there anyway, so not much of importance for me.

May? wow. Sign me up. All of my schools are April 1st or April 15/16th.

austrascruff

New

Post by austrascruff » Tue Feb 23, 2010 7:58 pm

Just got the call! So excited!

It's kind of funny because I called them today to set up a tour and to sit in on a class. Good luck to those who haven't heard yet.

tyjole

New

Post by tyjole » Tue Feb 23, 2010 8:22 pm

Zoomba200 wrote:
tyjole wrote:just got the phone call from Dean Aguilar. He told me around mid-march they'd be done with the scholarship review, so maybe in time for their Admitted Students Day on the 18th we'll know about scholarship money. That's still pretty late, but at most schools you don't have to put down a seat deposit till May, so I guess it's ok. I don't really plan on going there anyway, so not much of importance for me.

May? wow. Sign me up. All of my schools are April 1st or April 15/16th.

I have to send in the acceptance letter and decision of matriculation by then, but the actual money for the seat deposit doesn't look like its due to May.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”