PS Topic Advice Forum

(Personal Statement Examples, Advice, Critique, . . . )
philosoulphy

New

PS Topic Advice

Post by philosoulphy » Thu Sep 20, 2018 12:10 pm

Hey TLS,
just looking for advice on my PS topic. I'm in the brainstorming phase and am struggling with how to start it. I have a possible topic/format in mind and would appreciate advice on whether or not you think it's worth pursuing:
I was thinking about starting with a narrative about my visit to the civil rights and human rights museum and within the narrative I would use the context to reflect back on the discrimination I’ve felt throughout the years as a black woman growing up in America, how I’ve worked to overcome the stigma and drawbacks associated with this discrimination, and why I feel empathetic towards others who face discrimination in my passion to pursue civil and human rights law.

is this topic too weird, broad, uninteresting? Looking for any feedback before I waste time writing on it. Thank you!

VictoriaLS_19

New

Re: PS Topic Advice

Post by VictoriaLS_19 » Wed Oct 17, 2018 1:11 pm

I think that this could be used for a compelling statement, it'll mostly just depend on how you craft it (as is the case with pretty much all personal statements).

I also think that this could be used as a diversity statement rather than a PS, which is an option you might explore.

Return to “Law School Personal Statements”