Personal Statement Topic Question Forum

(Personal Statement Examples, Advice, Critique, . . . )
cfedock

New

Personal Statement Topic Question

Post by cfedock » Tue Jun 12, 2018 5:57 pm

So I'm in the process of writing my PS and I just wanted to check up on whether or not my PS topic is appropriate/is what they're looking for.
I was involved in a hit and run by a wrong way drunk driver the night before my spring semester of college(before I was transferring out of a CC) and I'm choosing to approach this topic in how it relates to adversity. The approach I'm taking is that most people let adversity define ourselves but I chose to define myself based on my response to adversity. Blah blah blah I struggled a lot that semester but I put my head down and was able to transfer on time despite everything going on.... four years later I finally settled during a mediation following my depo. I'm closing my PS by saying that I defined myself based on my response to said adversity and how through it I was able to gain quite a bit of experience due to my attorney being a family friend and the lessons I learned as a result.

Is this too much of a sob story or does it hit the adversity topic on the head?

I can send my draft to anybody if they'd like to give it a read but any feedback is VERY MUCH APPRECIATED!

Return to “Law School Personal Statements”