Writing an addendum for 6 point score difference/weird circumstance Forum

(Personal Statement Examples, Advice, Critique, . . . )
RomanIII

New

Writing an addendum for 6 point score difference/weird circumstance

Post by RomanIII » Tue Jan 23, 2018 1:06 pm

Hi all,

When I took last year's February LSAT, my uber driver on the way there was clearly drunk (slurring words, wrong way down one ways, hopping curbs). I ended up walking to my test center after she ran a red light; I was definitely shaken up by the whole thing, and it really hurt my test performance. I ended up with a 163, which was below my normal practice scores. When I took the test again this December, I ended up with a 169, which was where I had been PT'ing at. Is it worth explaining this in a addendum? I feel like it'll just make me look like an idiot for not cancelling the first score. I also know that conventional wisdom is that most schools only evaluate the top score, but they all say otherwise, so I'm not sure how to approach this.

vwhorley

New

Re: Writing an addendum for 6 point score difference/weird circumstance

Post by vwhorley » Tue Jan 23, 2018 1:10 pm

RomanIII wrote:Hi all,

When I took last year's February LSAT, my uber driver on the way there was clearly drunk (slurring words, wrong way down one ways, hopping curbs). I ended up walking to my test center after she ran a red light; I was definitely shaken up by the whole thing, and it really hurt my test performance. I ended up with a 163, which was below my normal practice scores. When I took the test again this December, I ended up with a 169, which was where I had been PT'ing at. Is it worth explaining this in a addendum? I feel like it'll just make me look like an idiot for not cancelling the first score. I also know that conventional wisdom is that most schools only evaluate the top score, but they all say otherwise, so I'm not sure how to approach this.

No it's not worth it. They will probably assume you studied and did better

Bronze

Post by 38981928 » Tue Jan 23, 2018 1:10 pm

You don't need to submit an addendum. I didn't end up doing it and have been getting into T13 schools just fine with a 9-point jump into the 170s.

Dcc617

Gold

Post by Dcc617 » Tue Jan 23, 2018 1:12 pm

RomanIII wrote:Hi all,

Nope, leave it alone. That’s not a good reason and bringing it up will only highlight the first score. Most schools won’t ask or care. If they do, just were better prepared, etc and the second score represents your abilities better. There is no need to launch into some weird story about your trip to the lsat.

ETA I had an 11 point increase and only one school out of like ten even mentioned it.

RomanIII

New

Post by RomanIII » Tue Jan 23, 2018 1:30 pm

Understood-- thanks!

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

callaw

New

Post by callaw » Wed Jan 31, 2018 8:41 pm

Bro I am over the moon about a 155!! Pat yourself on the back, you fucking killed it both times! Don't waste your time explaining, you'll just come off as extra as fuck..basically apologizing for not being perfect when you nailed it both times

callaw

New

Post by callaw » Wed Jan 31, 2018 8:41 pm

Bro I am over the moon about a 155!! Pat yourself on the back, you fucking killed it both times! Don't waste your time explaining, you'll just come off as extra as fuck..basically apologizing for not being perfect when you nailed it both times

CanadianWolf

Diamond

Post by CanadianWolf » Thu Feb 01, 2018 11:34 am

No addendum is necessary, but what an interesting story.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “Law School Personal Statements”