Personal Statement Help Forum

(Personal Statement Examples, Advice, Critique, . . . )
hopingtogetin9505

New

Personal Statement Help

Post by hopingtogetin9505 » Mon Dec 11, 2017 9:05 pm

Hey everyone,
I have been trying to work on my personal statement, but I am having the worst writers block. When I do write I end up deleting it because I feel like it isn't good enough. I'm mainly worried about the topic I chose. I feel like it is not good enough. I really don't have an outstanding resume and didn't have a moment that made me want to be a lawyer, I just have always thought that it would be the profession for me.

Would you guys let me know if this topic is ok?

I have had a certain physical ailment since birth, and as a kid my parents tried to put me in a variety of activities since I am not able to play sports. I never cared for any of them until they put me in performing arts. It was there that I stopped being shy and found something to be passionate for. I worked hours every day to be able to be a lead, and eventually was able to. I was also able to use my talents for community service and the entire experience made me who I am today. However, I stopped performing in college.

Thoughts?

ekdonn

New

Re: Personal Statement Help

Post by ekdonn » Tue Dec 12, 2017 12:46 pm

This is a great topic! It shows that you have overcome obstacles and made the best of your abilities. Law school is tough. I am sure something similar will happen - you may be better at one thing than the other. I.e. sports may not work out, but performing arts will. This topic shows perserverance.

Why did you stop in college? Definitely elaborate on that since it seems to be Part Deaux of your story.

I just posted a thread under "Personal Statement Thoughts??" I would love if you could take a quick look at it!

-Emma

Return to “Law School Personal Statements”