How short is too short?

(Personal Statement Examples, Advice, Critique, . . . )
etramak

How short is too short?

Postby etramak » Wed Nov 08, 2017 10:06 am

Whenever I go back to edit I cut instead of add. I'm down to 600 words. I think this version is better than the longer ones. I know Berkeley says up to four pages, but I don't think anything of value will come from adding a paragraph or two, especially since I'm writing a Why essay and a scholarship essay.

MikeSpivey

Re: How short is too short?

Postby MikeSpivey » Wed Nov 08, 2017 10:16 am

Most people blather too much and in way too bloviating of a manner ("it was with this profound acknowledgment that I acutely realized ..." type stuff) , so I suspect you are trending in a good way to cut versus add. You are likely right at 2 pages, yes? You are fine length-wise.

etramak

Re: How short is too short?

Postby etramak » Wed Nov 08, 2017 11:08 am

MikeSpivey wrote:Most people blather too much and in way too bloviating of a manner ("it was with this profound acknowledgment that I acutely realized ..." type stuff) , so I suspect you are trending in a good way to cut versus add. You are likely right at 2 pages, yes? You are fine length-wise.

Thank you. Just about two pages 12 pt. Times New Roman. I have about two lines that I could still fill up if I wanted to. Perhaps (if I can think of one) I'll add a sentence to bolster my flimsy concluding paragraph and that'll be all.

Return to “Law School Personal Statements”