Suggestions for Application/PS Review Companies Forum

(Personal Statement Examples, Advice, Critique, . . . )
SunDevil14

Bronze

Suggestions for Application/PS Review Companies

Post by SunDevil14 » Thu Dec 29, 2016 3:10 pm

I am interested in hiring a professional to look over my application and personal statement, any suggestions? To anyone with personal experience in this department, can you give me a good idea of what I am getting for my money. (Cost is not an issue).

floatie

Silver

Re: Suggestions for Application/PS Review Companies

Post by floatie » Thu Dec 29, 2016 3:34 pm

Google is your friend here, but to my knowledge, most of the good admissions consultants are already booked for this cycle.

If you're just looking for PS reviews, you can ask people on here (for free!) who can provide feedback.

SunDevil14

Bronze

Post by SunDevil14 » Thu Dec 29, 2016 6:55 pm

floatie wrote:Google is your friend here, but to my knowledge, most of the good admissions consultants are already booked for this cycle.

If you're just looking for PS reviews, you can ask people on here (for free!) who can provide feedback.
Thanks. After some reflection, I am starting to second guess getting a consultant. I'm sure there are plenty of people that cannot afford consulting and get into the top schools. I am not sure if there is much advantage to "gaming the system" when admittance is largely based on Lsat/GPA.

floatie

Silver

Post by floatie » Thu Dec 29, 2016 7:17 pm

SunDevil14 wrote:
floatie wrote:Google is your friend here, but to my knowledge, most of the good admissions consultants are already booked for this cycle.

Thanks. After some reflection, I am starting to second guess getting a consultant. I'm sure there are plenty of people that cannot afford consulting and get into the top schools. I am not sure if there is much advantage to "gaming the system" when admittance is largely based on Lsat/GPA.
I'm not sure I'd consider getting a consultant to be "gaming the system," but you're right in that it is largely unnecessary. The main benefit would be having a professional (usually one who has served on admissions committees) who can help you polish your written statements, which is probably important for a borderline candidate. But if your LSAT/GPA are solid and you're a halfway decent writer who knows how to proofread, you'll be perfectly fine without one.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Law School Personal Statements”