Targeting at transfer to top 14, llm or ajd as beginning

(Personal Statement Examples, Advice, Critique, . . . )
wuwanlu

New

Targeting at transfer to top 14, llm or ajd as beginning

Postby wuwanlu » Thu Dec 29, 2016 1:47 am

Hi guys,

I am a foreigner who also is a permanent resident in u.s, and I hope to practice law in United States. I am currently applying for llm and accelerated Jd in several law schools, and get some admittance. I am targeting at transferring to top 14 ultimately. Right now, I admitted by Arizona law school,ranking at 40 in u.snews. And I may be admitted by top 8 as llm student. My questions are:

1.Should I attend llm and then transfer to Jd, I have it's pretty hard. I am also supposed to take lsat. I am not sure I can get strict As, neither to get high lsat.
2.should I begin with the ajd program in Arizona law? The first year courses and curricula are the same with the regular Jd students. Will this give me better chance to be admitted? I also need to take lsat. I am still not sure I can do strict As and high lsat score, even though I definitely do my best in both.
3 as the situation like me, is that a low lsat score jeopardizes my chance to be admitted?

Because some private problems, I cannot stay a year gap to take lsat. I am 35 years old, and have two babies to take care. I have to maximize my chance to get a big law, and at the same time, three or four years latter, my daughters will have to start their primary school.So, I have to plan ahead.

Thank you for your advice!

Alicia

Return to “Law School Personal Statements�