Query re: 'addendum essay'

(Personal Statement Examples, Advice, Critique, . . . )
JDrat

Bronze

Query re: 'addendum essay'

Postby JDrat » Sun Oct 16, 2016 11:26 am

Hello!

Can anyone tell me what exactly do law schools look for in the addendum essay (which is in addition to the personal essay and diversity statement) Should I write about the fact that I will be re-taking the LSAT and am confident of a higher score?

Thanks!

lymenheimer

Gold

Re: Query re: 'addendum essay'

Postby lymenheimer » Sun Oct 16, 2016 11:28 am

Nayanthika wrote:Hello!
Should I write about the fact that I will be re-taking the LSAT and am confident of a higher score?
Thanks!

No.

A. Nony Mouse

Diamond

Re: Query re: 'addendum essay'

Postby A. Nony Mouse » Sun Oct 16, 2016 11:36 am

Depends what else you have to communicate to them that's relevant. No, don't talk about being confident you're getting a better score - use it to explain actual facts in your application, not guesses about the future. If you already had 2 widely disparate scores you could explain why the gap (though that's generally not really necessary), but don't talk about a score you don't have.

It's a place to explain something you think adcomms should know. If you GPA is low due to some outside force you couldn't control (you got a semester of Ds once because you were going through chemo) you could explain that. If you have a c&f issue you could explain that. You don't have to write one if there isn't anything else that adcomms need to know.

Return to “Law School Personal Statements�