Do you use different PS's for different schools?

(Personal Statement Examples, Advice, Critique, . . . )
roranoa

Silver

Do you use different PS's for different schools?

Postby roranoa » Sat Sep 24, 2016 4:07 am

Some say that they tailor their PS to specific schools but I'm not sure how that works.

Do people use different narratives and ideas that would be more appealing to the supposed character and atmosphere of different schools?

Or do most people actually just send in the same ones (the standard 2 page, double-spaced, 11 point, 1-2 inch margin) to all schools.

Gold

Re: Do you use different PS's for different schools?

Postby 20170322 » Sat Sep 24, 2016 6:25 am

roranoa wrote:Some say that they tailor their PS to specific schools but I'm not sure how that works.

Do people use different narratives and ideas that would be more appealing to the supposed character and atmosphere of different schools?

Or do most people actually just send in the same ones (the standard 2 page, double-spaced, 11 point, 1-2 inch margin) to all schools.

What I did was the same PS, but a personalized last paragraph for each school, talking about my career goals and how that school will help me achieve them.

roranoa

Silver

Re: Do you use different PS's for different schools?

Postby roranoa » Sat Sep 24, 2016 6:49 am

SweetTort wrote:
roranoa wrote:Some say that they tailor their PS to specific schools but I'm not sure how that works.

What I did was the same PS, but a personalized last paragraph for each school, talking about my career goals and how that school will help me achieve them.

So then I assume you did some research on which areas of expertise each school is famous for? Or how you are interested in the region the school is located in?

Return to “Law School Personal Statements�