Diversity Statement? Forum

(Personal Statement Examples, Advice, Critique, . . . )
Anonymous User

Diversity Statement?

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Jul 18, 2016 8:48 pm

Should I include a diversity statement, if the gist of the statement is already conveyed in my PS? (My PS is the one about having a TBI that is being crafted on here right now). Thanks

galadriel3019

New

Re: Diversity Statement?

Post by galadriel3019 » Mon Jul 18, 2016 9:05 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Should I include a diversity statement, if the gist of the statement is already conveyed in my PS? (My PS is the one about having a TBI that is being crafted on here right now). Thanks

Not if you are just going to repeat the same information that could be gleaned from the personal statement. Changing the wording but providing the exact same information also counts as repeating information. If however you are providing totally unique information that could not be figured out from the PS, then go for it.

Blueprint Mithun

Bronze

Post by Blueprint Mithun » Tue Jul 19, 2016 9:06 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Should I include a diversity statement, if the gist of the statement is already conveyed in my PS? (My PS is the one about having a TBI that is being crafted on here right now). Thanks
No. There's no point in retreading ground that you've covered in your personal statement. Just focus on making your personal statement as strong as it can be - you want it to be well-written and to convey what you can contribute to the school, as well as why you want to attend law school.

ek5dn

Bronze

Post by ek5dn » Tue Jul 19, 2016 10:09 pm

If you have another strong topic to use for your PS, I would consider writing a new PS and using your current one as your Diversity statement.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Law School Personal Statements”