Please be BRUTALLY honest with my PS; I'll return the favor! Forum

(Personal Statement Examples, Advice, Critique, . . . )
Anonymous User

Please be BRUTALLY honest with my PS; I'll return the favor!

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Oct 21, 2015 4:23 pm

I appreciate any feedback you guys might have, and feel free to post your own PS for me to critique
Last edited by Anonymous User on Wed Oct 21, 2015 6:39 pm, edited 2 times in total.

cheesy143

New

Re: Please be BRUTALLY honest with my PS; I'll return the favor!

Post by cheesy143 » Wed Oct 21, 2015 4:44 pm

I think this is a very good PS. very engaging. I would've liked more information about how you grew from this. A lot is on your mother but maybe it takes away from the focus on your development. Also I think the part about working 20 hours a week and helping your dad would flow better in the previous paragraph. I think you're a good writer and it shows but sometimes it caused some confusion. I had to read the lastsentence twice to understand it because it was a little convoluted. I think overall very good just make sure it flows well when you read it out loud.
Hope that helps!

CanadianWolf

Diamond

Post by CanadianWolf » Wed Oct 21, 2015 4:58 pm

Very strong PS. Very engaging & heartfelt.

A couple of minor corrections: I think that it should be "whom I met ", not "who" in reference to your boyfriend.

Also, since there was no indication of a "passion" for law, try "in pursuit of my legal studies".

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Oct 21, 2015 5:00 pm

CanadianWolf wrote:Very strong PS. Very engaging & heartfelt.

A couple of minor corrections: I think that it should be "whom I met ", not "who" in reference to your boyfriend.

Also, since there was no indication of a "passion" for law, try "in pursuit of my legal studies".

Ah, I can never remember the who/whom thing, thank you! I like your end better too; I had wanted to mention law in there somewhere, but it didn't really fit so I tacked it on at the end. Thanks!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Oct 21, 2015 5:01 pm

cheesy143 wrote:I think this is a very good PS. very engaging. I would've liked more information about how you grew from this. A lot is on your mother but maybe it takes away from the focus on your development. Also I think the part about working 20 hours a week and helping your dad would flow better in the previous paragraph. I think you're a good writer and it shows but sometimes it caused some confusion. I had to read the lastsentence twice to understand it because it was a little convoluted. I think overall very good just make sure it flows well when you read it out loud.
Hope that helps!
I have a problem with writing long sentences :oops:
Thank you for the feedback, it helps!!

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Law School Personal Statements”