Colorado Boulder, Personal Statement and chances

(Personal Statement Examples, Advice, Critique, . . . )
Anonymous User

Colorado Boulder, Personal Statement and chances

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Jan 11, 2015 8:17 pm

Hi all,

I'm applying to Colorado Boulder law and have a 3.76 gpa from University of Florida and a 157 lsat. I know the LSAT is really low for the boulder but I was wondering if I still had a chance? I graduated early from UF and got my Masters at Trinity College, Dublin. I have pretty strong softs.

Also, probably not the brightest question but the Personal statement prompt says that the essays (the required and the optional) must not exceed 1,000 words. Does this mean that each essay can be 1,000 words or that together they can be more than 1,000 words?

Thanks, any help is much appreciated!!

UOI4430

Re: Colorado Boulder, Personal Statement and chances

Postby UOI4430 » Tue Jan 13, 2015 1:39 am

The advice that I think everyone on TLS will give you is to retake the LSAT. Softs, even if they are great (i.e. award winner, published author, NASA scientist, etc.), RARELY compensate for GPA or LSAT score.

On the other hand, there are fewer applicants this year which translates to lower admission standards at pretty much every school outside of T-14.

No one wants to retake the LSAT, but it is your best bet for getting into the schools you want. Given that you have two degrees, I am certain that you a plenty smart enough to score in the 170s if you commit the time.

Return to “Law School Personal Statements”