Mason statement (optional essay)

(Personal Statement Examples, Advice, Critique, . . . )
pjanderson5

Mason statement (optional essay)

Postby pjanderson5 » Mon Dec 29, 2014 6:32 pm

Hey, just wanted some quick feedback on the optional essay for George Mason.

Prompt: submit a statement discussing your particular interest in Mason Law

George Mason University School of Law greatly interests me primarily because of its location in Washington D.C., the opportunities it provides, and its record of academic excellence. As a political science major and someone who has held two political internships, going to law school near the D.C. area appeals to me, as I am seriously considering working in the area after law school. The opportunity to work in the Capitol, a federal agency, or a federal court in the summer makes George Mason one of my top law school choices. Mason’s connections to the D.C. legal market and its strong alumni base open its students to a large breadth of opportunities unparalleled in any comparable metropolitan market. Additionally, the value that Mason law puts on the connection between economics and the law appeals to me. Especially in the nations capitol, it is imperative for there to be a connection between economic policy and law, and Mason law provides that. The Journal of Law, Economics, and Policy is a journal I would especially be interested in becoming involved with. Finally, the dozens of student organizations, plethora of clinical and externship opportunities, and the highly favorable student to faculty ratio all make George Mason University School of Law one of my top choices for attending law school.

Return to “Law School Personal Statements”