personal statement written to avoid logical fallacies

(Personal Statement Examples, Advice, Critique, . . . )
Harakiri15

personal statement written to avoid logical fallacies

Postby Harakiri15 » Thu Nov 20, 2014 9:53 am

Hello guys,

I have no idea what to write? Is it true you can write about anything significant or does it have to follow a specific prompt? Also, would you want to keep it simple to understand or avoid logical fallacies e.g., avoid making broad assumptions which the lsat seems to avoid and generally how long does it take one to write an efficient personal statement, is 2 months more than enough?

Thanks and also what would you or did you write about for yours? Any example/templates would be great.
Last edited by Harakiri15 on Thu Nov 20, 2014 1:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ron Don Volante

Re: personal statement written to avoid logical fallacies

Postby Ron Don Volante » Thu Nov 20, 2014 10:14 am

wut

under what circumstances exactly do you write and not look to avoid logical fallacies?

Wieters

Re: personal statement written to avoid logical fallacies

Postby Wieters » Fri Dec 12, 2014 5:02 am

If you want to look at it formulaically, a personal statement should serve to prove the conclusion you're poised to succeed in law school. You need a unique, personal reason (intermediate conclusion/premise) that serves to 'prove' that ultimate conclusion. EX: Because I am Y, I will do well at law school (Z). You also need premises to support that intermediate conclusion itself being true. EX: Because I do X, I am Y; and therefore because I am Y, I will Z. Background information is everything otherwise that orients the reader and provides color.

Return to “Law School Personal Statements”