Will abortion work?

(Personal Statement Examples, Advice, Critique, . . . )
Anonymous User

Will abortion work?

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Jun 07, 2014 1:12 pm

Recently, in a hot-topic debate in Washington over abortion, a lobbyist for the Planned Parenthood organization stated that a doctor and mother should be allowed to decide whether or not a baby should be killed after a failed abortion birth. While I could never have conceived of such an event, it is interesting how the progressive attitude of our nation has evolved to such a point. While the debate over whether or not a fetus that has barley matured should or shouldn’t be aborted seems fairly plausible, the previously mentioned statement shows how far some people really feel about this issue. This is also not just some left-wing extremist speaking their mind, no it is a professional organization that specializes in helping young teens and organizing abortions for them. I think this also lends the question—is any type of abortion actually alright? I would say no. I would say that the fact that we have made abortion okay, and somewhat acceptable, that we are inevitably leading ourselves down a path that will make post-birth abortions look like a typical tonsillectomy. When a society starts to make something okay that is desirable for obvious reasons for many young teens, but yet is frankly immoral and irresponsible, then society will lead down a road of catering to the desires of irresponsibility that marks the whole trade of abortion. And this appears to be what we are seeing emerge.

Emma.

Gold

Re: Will abortion work?

Postby Emma. » Sat Jun 07, 2014 1:19 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Recently, in a hot-topic debate in Washington over abortion, a lobbyist for the Planned Parenthood organization stated that a doctor and mother should be allowed to decide whether or not a baby should be killed after a failed abortion birth. While I could never have conceived of such an event, it is interesting how the progressive attitude of our nation has evolved to such a point. While the debate over whether or not a fetus that has barley matured should or shouldn’t be aborted seems fairly plausible, the previously mentioned statement shows how far some people really feel about this issue. This is also not just some left-wing extremist speaking their mind, no it is a professional organization that specializes in helping young teens and organizing abortions for them. I think this also lends the question—is any type of abortion actually alright? I would say no. I would say that the fact that we have made abortion okay, and somewhat acceptable, that we are inevitably leading ourselves down a path that will make post-birth abortions look like a typical tonsillectomy. When a society starts to make something okay that is desirable for obvious reasons for many young teens, but yet is frankly immoral and irresponsible, then society will lead down a road of catering to the desires of irresponsibility that marks the whole trade of abortion. And this appears to be what we are seeing emerge.

What is this I don't even

bombaysippin

Gold

Postby bombaysippin » Sat Jun 07, 2014 1:21 pm

*edit. Actually I feel bad.

chem!

Platinum

Postby chem! » Sat Jun 07, 2014 1:22 pm

Troll. Nothing to see here.

A. Nony Mouse

Diamond

Postby A. Nony Mouse » Sat Jun 07, 2014 1:25 pm

Re: your question in the lounge about why you got banned: because you're an alt of a persistent troll. If you want to plead your case that there's been some mistake, contact the site forum admin and he will pass the messages along.

Return to “Law School Personal Statements?