Two Black Eyes and a dead kitten Forum

(Personal Statement Examples, Advice, Critique, . . . )
Anonymous User

Two Black Eyes and a dead kitten

Post by Anonymous User » Sat Apr 19, 2014 2:08 am

One day, upon hearing of my mother's inability to pick me up from school (once again), I decided I would take a walk home with my friend Samantha. Samantha was a nice, kind girl with an inescapable vivacity. As we began our walk home, we immediately stopped by a local grocery store where Samantha goes to give a couple of dumpster kittens milk. Though this sounds like a benevolent gesture, it turned out to be a disaster. Samantha has no milk. Rather, Samantha steals the milk from the store. I said to Samantha, "You know, you're going to get in trouble for this and I'm going to leave if you do this". Perhaps I should have knocked on wood. She walked into the store, despite my advice otherwise, and took two bottles of milk and *attempted* to sneak out the back door. Before we knew it, a man with a dreadful looking white apron and a fistful of hatred stomped his way towards her and grabbed her by the collar. I said to him, "Sir, please let go. She was just trying to feed the kittens". The man with the white apron said, "What kittens? I'll kill any kitten drinking our milk". To my misfortune, I pointed the man to the kitten. The man grabbed a knife out of his apron and hurdled towards the kitten. My flight-or-fight response kicked in and I grabbed the man's apron! He knocked me down to the ground with both of his fists and killed the kitten as its blood splattered all over me. I woke up 10 minutes later and both the man in the white apron and Samantha were gone. I was all alone.

Though things didn't work out well for the kitten, I fortunately made it. This experience, though, has been a life changing one for me. I have never seen this gentleman since and most likely never will. I didn't have the confidence to report the incident as I trembled at the thought of the man for years. I hope one day I can find this man and serve him the justice he deserves. Nevertheless, I know these kinds of crimes go on day in day out and many never get their true stories told. It is easy in the streets and in the fits of rages that many Americans all face to act on impulse and get away however it is this impulse acts. Many of us don't realize the extraordinary consequences this can have, especially on those in their youth.

As a lawyer, I want to help the people. I want to seek proper, and fair justice for those who are too scared to speak up, for those who really need someone that will go the extra mile. I know this person can be me if I am just given the opportunity.

Any advice appreciated.

Return to “Law School Personal Statements”