My Transfer statement essay! Please comment! BE HARSH!!!! Forum

(Personal Statement Examples, Advice, Critique, . . . )
MICHELLEH

New

My Transfer statement essay! Please comment! BE HARSH!!!!

Post by MICHELLEH » Sun Mar 23, 2014 8:10 pm

My interest in studying the laws came to me quite unexpectedly. As a business student at Boston University majoring in Marketing, I was certain in seeing myself as a Market Research Analyst upon graduation. As I sat through my first “Introduction to Business” class, which was a graduation requirement for all business students, I was overwhelmed by the legal jargons, the writing style, and the Latin phrases, which could not have been more mystifying for someone who speaks English as a secondary language like myself. However, as the class progressed, I quickly gained a deep interest in studying about the laws, for I was intrigued by the varied nature of the law and its openness to discussion and interpretation. I realized how deeply integrated it is to every aspect of our daily lives, especially in the business world. And that was when I realized that I wanted to pursue an education and a career in the legal field.

I decided to attend New England Law | Boston after receiving a great first-year scholarship from the school. Throughout my two semesters at New England Law, I was able to transform the feeling of unfamiliarity of that first day in Introduction to Business Law, into a strong sense of confidence and concrete knowledge of the laws. Such knowledge, although elementary compared to what have yet to be learned, has set a strong foundation for my future study of different areas of the law. At New England Law, I also have learned and developed the essential legal research, writing, and analytical thinking skills, that will allow me to successfully transition into my future endeavors. At this stage, I am ready to further challenge myself in a more competitive learning environment such as one at Boston University School of Law.

Boston University has always had a very special place in my heart. As an international student from Vietnam, Boston University has become my home away from home during my four years of undergraduate education. But more importantly, Boston University School of Law offers a wealth of learning opportunities including more than 200 selections of courses, clinics, and other summer opportunities. With an interest in learning about transactional law, I was immediately drawn to the school’s focus on training practical skills such as drafting, analysis and negotiation of contracts, which allow Boston University Law graduates to have an advantage over their competitors in the legal world.

While I understand that Boston University Law has a lot to offer me as a student, I also believe that I would be a valuable addition to the community at Boston University Law. As an international student who has studied in a foreign country, I will take advantage of my unique cultural background to enhance diversity and learning values at Boston University. I also believe that with the adequate skill set I acquired through my training at New England Law | Boston, as well as a strong sense of commitment and drive, I will bring a distinctive set of experience and positive contributions to the learning community at Boston University School of Law.

Return to “Law School Personal Statements”