Problem because I have too many things to choose from

(Personal Statement Examples, Advice, Critique, . . . )
Anonymous User
Posts: 273344
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Problem because I have too many things to choose from

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Feb 11, 2014 8:28 pm

I have so many things that have happened in my life. I grew up with an older dad and I cared for him and ran our family business from my twenties until age 30 when he passed.

I grew up in a rough part of NYC.

I am an MMA fighter and have a unique bunch of stories of being on the mat or in the cage.

I was bullied for being overweight as a child.


What would be the best thing to pick?

lawschool2014hopeful
Posts: 554
Joined: Mon Oct 25, 2010 8:48 pm

Re: Problem because I have too many things to choose from

Postby lawschool2014hopeful » Tue Feb 11, 2014 8:37 pm

Family business or the MMA

The growing up in tough parts/being bullied is not unique at all.

User avatar
SemperLegal
Posts: 1333
Joined: Fri Dec 03, 2010 8:28 pm

Re: Problem because I have too many things to choose from

Postby SemperLegal » Tue Feb 11, 2014 8:44 pm

lawschool2014hopeful wrote:Family business or the MMA

The growing up in tough parts/being bullied/MMA is not unique at all.


Fixed.

Seriously, MMA is the new DJ.

User avatar
papercut
Posts: 1445
Joined: Sat Dec 01, 2012 6:48 pm

Re: Problem because I have too many things to choose from

Postby papercut » Wed Feb 12, 2014 12:58 am

SemperLegal wrote:
lawschool2014hopeful wrote:Family business or the MMA

The growing up in tough parts/being bullied/MMA is not unique at all.


Fixed.

Seriously, MMA is the new DJ.


+1

riku33090
Posts: 148
Joined: Mon Aug 26, 2013 6:46 pm

Re: Problem because I have too many things to choose from

Postby riku33090 » Thu Feb 13, 2014 3:46 am

Anonymous User wrote:I have so many things that have happened in my life. I grew up with an older dad and I cared for him and ran our family business from my twenties until age 30 when he passed.

I grew up in a rough part of NYC.

I am an MMA fighter and have a unique bunch of stories of being on the mat or in the cage.

I was bullied for being overweight as a child.


What would be the best thing to pick?


I envy you, I have zero story to tell.

User avatar
nothingtosee
Posts: 865
Joined: Tue May 03, 2011 12:08 am

Re: Problem because I have too many things to choose from

Postby nothingtosee » Thu Feb 13, 2014 7:12 am

riku33090 wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:I have so many things that have happened in my life. I grew up with an older dad and I cared for him and ran our family business from my twenties until age 30 when he passed.

I grew up in a rough part of NYC.

I am an MMA fighter and have a unique bunch of stories of being on the mat or in the cage.

I was bullied for being overweight as a child.


What would be the best thing to pick?


I envy you, I have zero story to tell.


Not sure if srs or completely out of touch.........

mach9zero
Posts: 123
Joined: Mon Oct 28, 2013 11:02 pm

Re: Problem because I have too many things to choose from

Postby mach9zero » Sun Feb 23, 2014 1:50 am

The thing with MMA, although I'd find it interesting, not every admissions reader will because they may not be into sports. As well, you're going to be inclined to include cheesy puns and tactical metaphors, and I can't stomach reading that :lol:

Family biz




Return to “Law School Personal Statements”

Who is online

The online users are hidden on this forum.