First draft...any help would be appreciated

(Personal Statement Examples, Advice, Critique, . . . )
wc345

New

First draft...any help would be appreciated

Postby wc345 » Tue Jan 21, 2014 11:40 am

Hello. I finished my first draft, but it's (i think) way too long, and I edited it multiple times and am at a loss for what to do with it. Comparing it with online sample statements has left me even more dejected. If anyone would like to take a look at it or swap I would really appreciate it. I am very good at editing in terms of grammar and mechanics and would love to look at others' essays; as for me, I just can't seem to decide on good material/ a direction for the essay. I was about to pay for an online service before I found this forum...if anyone's interested please pm me. Thanks
Last edited by wc345 on Tue Jan 21, 2014 4:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BillsFan9907

Silver

Re: First draft...any help would be appreciated

Postby BillsFan9907 » Tue Jan 21, 2014 11:49 am

wc345 wrote:Hello. I finished my first draft, but it's (i think) way too long, and I edited it multiple times and am at a loss for what to do with it. Comparing it with online sample statements has left me even more dejected. If anyone would like to take a look at it or swap I would really appreciate it. I am very good at editing in terms of grammar and mechanics and would love to look at others' essays; as for me, I just can't seem to decide on good material/ a direction for the essay. I was about to pay for an online service before I found this forum...if anyone's interested please email me at wc345@cornell.edu. Thanks

I'd be happy to give it a look. PM it to me, and I'll throw it on a word Doc and get it back to you with the tracked changes.

ellayo

New

Postby ellayo » Tue Jan 21, 2014 2:16 pm

I'd be happy to look it over. I'd also advise you not to post a school (or personal) email to this very public forum. Send it to me in a pm and I'll get it back to you.

residentemma

Bronze

Postby residentemma » Wed Jan 22, 2014 11:03 am

PM me--I'd be happy to. Also have a friend who used to be an admissions officer at Penn, he might be able to help too

Return to “Law School Personal Statements�