Anyone paid for PS help?

(Personal Statement Examples, Advice, Critique, . . . )
theycallmefoes
Posts: 329
Joined: Thu Nov 01, 2012 11:13 pm

Anyone paid for PS help?

Postby theycallmefoes » Sat Jan 11, 2014 3:21 pm

Several companies, like jdMission, will review/critique your personal statement for a fee (a whopping $500, in their case). Anybody used such a service, and, if so what was your experience? Otherwise, anyone have suggestions as to where I can have my PS critiqued/whom I should ask? (Aside from my pre-law office, which is awful.)

User avatar
kirbyb
Posts: 51
Joined: Mon Dec 09, 2013 9:09 pm

Re: Anyone paid for PS help?

Postby kirbyb » Sat Jan 11, 2014 5:56 pm

You can have your PS critiqued here. Use the anonymous post feature if you're shy. Otherwise, you can check out your school's writing center. They can at least proof read and clean up mistakes.

theycallmefoes
Posts: 329
Joined: Thu Nov 01, 2012 11:13 pm

Re: Anyone paid for PS help?

Postby theycallmefoes » Sat Jan 11, 2014 6:00 pm

kirbyb wrote:You can have your PS critiqued here. Use the anonymous post feature if you're shy. Otherwise, you can check out your school's writing center. They can at least proof read and clean up mistakes.


The thing is, I'd rather handle it privately. I have a few friends who use this forum who would recognize my PS instantly, and I'd honestly rather not share it with them. I've asked if those who are willing to critique it would let me know, but I haven't had any responses yet.

xmbeckham
Posts: 61
Joined: Sun Oct 13, 2013 10:36 pm

Re: Anyone paid for PS help?

Postby xmbeckham » Sun Jan 12, 2014 1:15 am

Northwest essay does critique and their prices range from $20-200. Then you can have somebody else do the proofread.

ltrego
Posts: 221
Joined: Sun Oct 13, 2013 2:41 am

Re: Anyone paid for PS help?

Postby ltrego » Sun Jan 12, 2014 1:46 am

theycallmefoes wrote:
kirbyb wrote:You can have your PS critiqued here. Use the anonymous post feature if you're shy. Otherwise, you can check out your school's writing center. They can at least proof read and clean up mistakes.


The thing is, I'd rather handle it privately. I have a few friends who use this forum who would recognize my PS instantly, and I'd honestly rather not share it with them. I've asked if those who are willing to critique it would let me know, but I haven't had any responses yet.


I'd look at it for you. PM me.

theycallmefoes
Posts: 329
Joined: Thu Nov 01, 2012 11:13 pm

Re: Anyone paid for PS help?

Postby theycallmefoes » Sun Jan 12, 2014 2:10 am

xmbeckham wrote:Northwest essay does critique and their prices range from $20-200. Then you can have somebody else do the proofread.

For the price, this looks positively fantastic. Thank you!




Return to “Law School Personal Statements”

Who is online

The online users are hidden on this forum.