Anyone paid for PS help?

(Personal Statement Examples, Advice, Critique, . . . )
theycallmefoes

Anyone paid for PS help?

Postby theycallmefoes » Sat Jan 11, 2014 3:21 pm

Several companies, like jdMission, will review/critique your personal statement for a fee (a whopping $500, in their case). Anybody used such a service, and, if so what was your experience? Otherwise, anyone have suggestions as to where I can have my PS critiqued/whom I should ask? (Aside from my pre-law office, which is awful.)

kirbyb

Re: Anyone paid for PS help?

Postby kirbyb » Sat Jan 11, 2014 5:56 pm

You can have your PS critiqued here. Use the anonymous post feature if you're shy. Otherwise, you can check out your school's writing center. They can at least proof read and clean up mistakes.

theycallmefoes

Postby theycallmefoes » Sat Jan 11, 2014 6:00 pm

kirbyb wrote:You can have your PS critiqued here. Use the anonymous post feature if you're shy. Otherwise, you can check out your school's writing center. They can at least proof read and clean up mistakes.

The thing is, I'd rather handle it privately. I have a few friends who use this forum who would recognize my PS instantly, and I'd honestly rather not share it with them. I've asked if those who are willing to critique it would let me know, but I haven't had any responses yet.

xmbeckham

Postby xmbeckham » Sun Jan 12, 2014 1:15 am

Northwest essay does critique and their prices range from $20-200. Then you can have somebody else do the proofread.

ltrego

Postby ltrego » Sun Jan 12, 2014 1:46 am

theycallmefoes wrote:
kirbyb wrote:You can have your PS critiqued here. Use the anonymous post feature if you're shy. Otherwise, you can check out your school's writing center. They can at least proof read and clean up mistakes.

The thing is, I'd rather handle it privately. I have a few friends who use this forum who would recognize my PS instantly, and I'd honestly rather not share it with them. I've asked if those who are willing to critique it would let me know, but I haven't had any responses yet.

I'd look at it for you. PM me.

theycallmefoes

Postby theycallmefoes » Sun Jan 12, 2014 2:10 am

xmbeckham wrote:Northwest essay does critique and their prices range from $20-200. Then you can have somebody else do the proofread.

For the price, this looks positively fantastic. Thank you!

Return to “Law School Personal Statements”