PS statement topic. Need advice help. Forum

(Personal Statement Examples, Advice, Critique, . . . )
rkemfl

New

PS statement topic. Need advice help.

Post by rkemfl » Fri Jan 03, 2014 12:31 pm

I am engineering student with double major in undergrad in Mechanical engineering and Robotics Engineering. I also finished my 5-year program with master degree in Fire Protection Engineering.
I have intern experience in Fire and Safety Code and Regulation company (NFPA) in US.

This is the topic and summary of what I want to write:
When I was young I had a friend who always had a great smile on his face. I make fun of him a lot as his name sounds lot like poop in Korean. However he has passed away from the Subway fire. Since then I wanted to be someone who protect people from fire and design the facility safely. However as I grow up and studying in this field, I realizes that as engineer I do not hold the power to make safe facility and protect people. I was suffering at ideal and dream with what happens at real life. Then another incident occurred in my junior year, my parents were swindled by this young guy who is son of CEO. We lost money. We won the case. However he already put all of his money toward his wife name and divorced. One thought came to my mind. In order to protect people, I need to know the regulations and give pressure to people who hold potential threat to people’s safety and their right to live as standard. And that is the reason why I want to be a lawyer.

This is kind of summary and basic layout of what I want to write from part of my life.
Let me know what do you guys think.

Return to “Law School Personal Statements”