GPA Addendum

(Personal Statement Examples, Advice, Critique, . . . )
Anonymous User

GPA Addendum

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Jan 01, 2014 4:16 am

I'm a super splitter. 3.3 GPA 178 LSAT. I went to to Purdue for my undergrad which has zero net grade inflation since that sort of data was recorded, over forty years. Purdue has also seen a substantial increase in prestige over this time period so arguably the real grade inflation is actually negative. I also majored in a very competitive hard science where it was not uncommon for a prof to give less than 10% of the class A's and therefore my GPA was near the top of my college. Would writing an addendum to explain this help my chances at all? I understand that I will be below a lot of schools 25th but I feel like my being in one of the hardest programs at the hardest school in the country should count for something.

txdude45

Re: GPA Addendum

Postby txdude45 » Wed Jan 01, 2014 3:16 pm

Anonymous User wrote:I'm a super splitter. 3.3 GPA 178 LSAT. I went to to Purdue for my undergrad which has zero net grade inflation since that sort of data was recorded, over forty years. Purdue has also seen a substantial increase in prestige over this time period so arguably the real grade inflation is actually negative. I also majored in a very competitive hard science where it was not uncommon for a prof to give less than 10% of the class A's and therefore my GPA was near the top of my college. Would writing an addendum to explain this help my chances at all? I understand that I will be below a lot of schools 25th but I feel like my being in one of the hardest programs at the hardest school in the country should count for something.

Don't do this. They'll know what school you're at, the GPA distributions, your class rank, and that hard science majors are generally difficult. Making an addendum like this would sound like whining about something of which they'll already be cognizant.

Return to “Law School Personal Statements”