LSAT Increase Addendum (+10 points)

(Personal Statement Examples, Advice, Critique, . . . )
Anonymous User

LSAT Increase Addendum (+10 points)

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Nov 16, 2013 1:24 am

Hi guys!

Please take a look at my addendum - any feedback is welcome!!!
Thank you =)

Score went up from 162 to 172

------------
I would like to take this opportunity to explain why I believe my December 2012 LSAT score is more reflective of my academic abilities than my October 2012 score.

On the morning of the October exam, I had severe flu symptoms including chills, headache and a runny nose. Even though my condition worsened during the exam and I was constantly distracted, I did my best to focus on the exam.

When I saw my LSAT score, I realized I had underestimated the effect that the flu had on my performance on the exam; I took the LSAT again in December 2012. I believe the new score is more representative of my abilities and ask that these circumstances be taken into consideration when evaluating my multiple LSAT scores.

ScottRiqui

Re: LSAT Increase Addendum (+10 points)

Postby ScottRiqui » Sat Nov 16, 2013 1:31 am

First, congratulations on both your increase and your final score. Second, I don't know that any LSAT increase really demands an addendum, much less a ten-point improvement.

I don't think very many people "fluke" into a 172, so the adcomms will probably just assume that October was a "bad day" for whatever reason, and/or that you came to grips with part of the test that you'd been having problems with.

username201

Postby username201 » Sat Nov 16, 2013 11:58 pm

bump!

Ren

Postby Ren » Sun Nov 17, 2013 12:28 am

Congrats on the new score!

I think this is fine. It is short, sweet, and to the point. My only changes would be...

"When I saw my October 2012 LSAT score, I realized I had underestimated the effect that the flu had on my performance on the exam. I took the LSAT again in December 2012 and managed to perform significantly better . I believe..."

Return to “Law School Personal Statements”