Conduct Addendum

(Personal Statement Examples, Advice, Critique, . . . )
Anonymous User

Conduct Addendum

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Nov 06, 2013 10:59 am

DELETED
Last edited by Anonymous User on Mon Nov 11, 2013 9:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

redsox

Re: Conduct Addendum

Postby redsox » Wed Nov 06, 2013 11:03 am

Anonymous User wrote:Hey guys, I have a silly underage incident from my freshman year in college that I plan on disclosing on my law school app.

Here is what I've brewed up so far, would love a simple critique, doesn't have to necessarily dissect the statement. Thanks.

The Inter-Residence Hall Association at the University of Florida cited me with underage consumption of alcohol in December 2009. The resident assistant of my dormitory found me under the influence of alcohol in my dormitory floor’s common room as he was conducting his rounds and filled out an incident report. I then spoke to an IHRA administrator in an informal hearing and plead guilty to the charge. My punishment was conduct probation for one academic semester and a requirement to speak to a counselor concerning my alcohol consumption. I abided by the terms of my punishment and discussed my alcohol consumption in detail with a counselor who was specialized in alcohol related incidents. I was removed from probation at the start of the following academic semester and remained in good standing with the University of Florida for the rest of my undergraduate tenure. This incident taught me that consuming alcohol is far from an ideal way to utilize one’s time and that one should pursue more productive and constructive activities. In the four years since my incident, I have participated in extracurricular activities at the University of Florida, obtained and held long-term employment, participated in academic research, and volunteered in the community.

Return to “Law School Personal Statements”