edit Forum

(Personal Statement Examples, Advice, Critique, . . . )
LSATSBSB

New

edit

Post by LSATSBSB » Tue Oct 29, 2013 6:00 pm

Edit
Last edited by LSATSBSB on Mon Nov 04, 2013 7:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

redsox

Silver

Re: PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE EDIT EDIT EDIT

Post by redsox » Tue Oct 29, 2013 6:06 pm

This is...obscenely long.

rinkrat19

Diamond

Post by rinkrat19 » Tue Oct 29, 2013 6:06 pm

This is 6 1/2 pages long. Aim for 2 1/2.

Also, paragraphs should be like 3-5 sentences, not multiple pages. You've got a LOT of cutting to do.

Pancakes12

Bronze

Post by Pancakes12 » Tue Oct 29, 2013 6:10 pm

This is about 14 pages too long and you repeat yourself constantly. I read maybe 1/5 of it.

LSATSBSB

New

Post by LSATSBSB » Tue Oct 29, 2013 6:16 pm

Its 10 questions that I have to answer. There is a lot of repetition in there but they want the answers in that manner. Would anyone be able to correct the grammar?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

rinkrat19

Diamond

Post by rinkrat19 » Tue Oct 29, 2013 6:18 pm

LSATSBSB wrote:Its 10 questions that I have to answer. There is a lot of repetition in there but they want the answers in that manner. Would anyone be able to correct the grammar?
What is this for?
Include the questions and instructions so people can judge whether this structure and your answers make any sense.
Otherwise we just assume this is the world's longest personal statement for admissions.

LSATSBSB

New

Post by LSATSBSB » Tue Oct 29, 2013 6:21 pm

It's basically to evaluate my claim of significant adversity, and by the Admissions Office to determine whether to offer admission.

Describe the financial situation of your family from birth to college entry. Please include sources of income, income estimates, number of household wage earners, and number of dependents. Please describe any unusual expenses.
Please describe the occupation(s) and the educational background(s) of the person(s) who raised you.

Describe your early educational experiences through high school. Discuss the expectation level of and support for educational and career achievement in your family and community. What impact, if any, did it have on your education?
Please list your source(s) of financial support in college by approximate percentage:
Family: ___ Employment: ___ Loans: ___ Grants/scholarships: ___ Other assistance:___

Describe any paid or unpaid test preparation, academic support, or tutorial services you have used since elementary school.

Identify and describe the community(ies) in which you resided from birth to age of college entry. Describe any bias you faced as a member of such community(ies) and explain what impact, if any, it had on your academic performance.

Are you an immigrant or the child of immigrant parents? If yes, please include the country of origin, year of arrival in the U.S., and the reason for immigrating.

If English is not your first language, how old were you when you first learned English? Was English the primary language spoken in your home?

Have you had any learning or physical disability that may have adversely affected your academic performance? Please indicate what accommodations, if any, you were provided in high school and college. If possible, please include supporting documentation of your disability and/or accommodations

rinkrat19

Diamond

Post by rinkrat19 » Tue Oct 29, 2013 6:24 pm

I don't think they're expecting narrative essays for these. Most of them are standard application questions where the form usually has like 3 empty lines for the answer. Give them the facts without the drama and the soul-searching.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “Law School Personal Statements”