Addendum--ok?

(Personal Statement Examples, Advice, Critique, . . . )
Anonymous User

Addendum--ok?

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Oct 18, 2013 10:44 pm

Didn't think I'd need to write this for a minor traffic violation, but it seems Columbia wants it. I'm not sure about the exact date, is that ok?

In the summer of 2011, I was driving near the town of [town] in [county] of [state]. My vehicle was traveling over the speed limit, and I was stopped by a [state] State Police Officer. The officer determined that I was not traveling quickly enough to warrant a speeding ticket, so I was cited for failure to obey traffic control devices. I received a fine, which I paid promptly. I now remain more conscious of my speed while driving, and I have not had any traffic citations since.

Kitsune

Re: Addendum--ok?

Postby Kitsune » Sat Oct 19, 2013 1:54 pm

If you don't know the exact date, you probably shouldn't include it. You could probably look yourself up on whatever state's criminal website (no, you're not a criminal, but you know what I mean -- even stuff like speeding for over 1 mph over is there). If you paid it by credit card or check, you could ask you bank to look at history from summer of 2011 and see when you paid it. You could even contact the State Police to ask exactly when it was if you're that worried.

Anonymous User

Re: Addendum--ok?

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Oct 19, 2013 2:06 pm

I think I'm going to use it as is. Thanks!

Return to “Law School Personal Statements”