Please Critique My Resume

(Personal Statement Examples, Advice, Critique, . . . )
caligirl8

Please Critique My Resume

Postby caligirl8 » Wed Oct 16, 2013 3:20 pm

deleted by user
Last edited by caligirl8 on Mon Jan 27, 2014 7:56 pm, edited 3 times in total.

rinkrat19

Re: Please Critique My Resume

Postby rinkrat19 » Wed Oct 16, 2013 3:26 pm

Remove Technical skills, Relevant coursework.
Move Honors to the Education section.
Condense Volunteer work. This entire section should be 1-2 lines for each position, especially since they're almost all scouting related.
Condense all those minor club positions to single lines in the Eduction section under an Extracurriculars subhead. (club outreach intern, discussion leader, etc.)

This can all fit on one page.

caligirl8

Postby caligirl8 » Thu Oct 17, 2013 12:49 pm

rinkrat19 wrote:Remove Technical skills, Relevant coursework.
Move Honors to the Education section.
Condense Volunteer work. This entire section should be 1-2 lines for each position, especially since they're almost all scouting related.
Condense all those minor club positions to single lines in the Eduction section under an Extracurriculars subhead. (club outreach intern, discussion leader, etc.)

This can all fit on one page.

thanks for your input rinkrat! I've just updated my resume with your suggestions in mind :]

Dr. Review

Postby Dr. Review » Thu Oct 17, 2013 1:08 pm

As an FYI, your full e-mail address is still listed, in the event that may reveal personal info (I haven't checked).

Otherwise, try to keep it to one page and keep it that way up through your first post-grad job. Those experiences are all great, but I am not sure that many of them would warrant a page flip during the resume review process.

caligirl8

Postby caligirl8 » Thu Oct 17, 2013 1:43 pm

Bedsole wrote:As an FYI, your full e-mail address is still listed, in the event that may reveal personal info (I haven't checked).

Otherwise, try to keep it to one page and keep it that way up through your first post-grad job. Those experiences are all great, but I am not sure that many of them would warrant a page flip during the resume review process.

Thanks Bedsole! I've updated the link.

caligirl8

Postby caligirl8 » Thu Oct 17, 2013 1:47 pm

Here is a link to my updated resume. I've condensed it down to one page and tried to highlight mainly my legal experience.

EDIT: LINK REMOVED

Note: For some reason the upload site changed the formatting a bit, but on word it all fits on one page. Also, under my education section where it reads "Graduated June 2013" that is a supposed to be aligned to the right.
Last edited by caligirl8 on Fri Mar 21, 2014 5:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mandyjay11

Postby mandyjay11 » Thu Oct 17, 2013 2:08 pm

I dont know guys, one page looks pretty jam packed. Harvard used to have sample resumes on their website ( I can not find them at all) but there were some two pagers on there.

I would think about consolidating AND spacing it out so it is easy to read.

Return to “Law School Personal Statements”