Attaching an Addendum - Low LSAT Score Forum

(Personal Statement Examples, Advice, Critique, . . . )
tanyrseay

New

Attaching an Addendum - Low LSAT Score

Post by tanyrseay » Tue Oct 15, 2013 11:19 am

I am anxiously awaiting my October LSAT scores with hopes of not having to take it again in December. I have never been the best at standardized testing. If I were to submit an addendum for this, would it be smart to attach a list of the 5 times I took the ACT to get into the college of my choice (Even then I only made a 28) ? Then, along with the score attachment I would explain that I have performed very well at a private university, obtaining a GPA of 3.7. I would love to be able to talk about this in some form or fashion, but I also feel like I would need to prove it in some capacity.

Ramius

Gold

Re: Attaching an Addendum - Low LSAT Score

Post by Ramius » Tue Oct 15, 2013 12:09 pm

I have a feeling this will hurt you more than help. To me, what you just said was, "I don't do well on standardized tests. I've never done well on them. I'm really insecure about it. Please still love me!" While this might be a little harsh, I can't imagine this being written in a way that really presents you as anything beyond insecure. Your numbers are the most objective thing about you, so try not to make them subjective unless you have a really good reason for it (eg. illness, extreme poverty, forced imprisonment, etc.). You worked your ass off to get into the college you wanted, so I suggest you just forget the addendum and do the same with the LSAT and law school. If you can't get what you need on the LSAT, temper your expectations and apply to different schools.

Nova

Platinum

Re: Attaching an Addendum - Low LSAT Score

Post by Nova » Tue Oct 15, 2013 12:35 pm

Being a bad standardized test taker is not a good reason to write an addendum.

Based on the tone of your post, I would recommend that you start preparing for the December LSAT now.

Return to “Law School Personal Statements”