Subjects for PS

(Personal Statement Examples, Advice, Critique, . . . )
Anonymous User

Subjects for PS

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Oct 14, 2013 10:22 pm

I am getting conflicting answers for the topic of my personal statement. During my last two years at my university I lived out of my car due to financial hardship. During this two year period I saw a huge increase in my GPA and it was an important part of my maturation into a prospective law student, however I am having trouble applying this to a skill set that would make me stand out. I feel as though hard work and determination (it was a pretty difficult time) is not sufficient and something that admission boards would see on almost every application. Could anyone give me some ideas on how to properly take this topic and apply it to what law schools are looking for? Perhaps I should scrap the topic altogether and pick something less personal?

Pancakes12

Re: Subjects for PS

Postby Pancakes12 » Mon Oct 14, 2013 10:27 pm

That sounds like a good subject to me. Why would you want to get less personal in a personal statement? What there looking for is a personal story about you. This sounds about right. Just write it well.

SonicRoots

Re: Subjects for PS

Postby SonicRoots » Tue Oct 15, 2013 1:23 am

It's a topic that I'm sure can develop into an interesting and original PS. Give it a go and see what it can possibly materialize into.

Return to “Law School Personal Statements”