Changing topic of why law in new cycle? Thoughts...

(Personal Statement Examples, Advice, Critique, . . . )
karmaman

Changing topic of why law in new cycle? Thoughts...

Postby karmaman » Tue Oct 08, 2013 10:48 pm

If I change the reasons for wanting to go into law from a more altruistic, help the impoverished approach, to a more specific one based on my current job experience and needs that I witnessed were being underserved in that field would that come off as me having been fake last year? If my score is above the median is it really nescesary to change it up or could I even use the same one? thanks for the input guys!

AnonymousAlterEgoC

Re: Changing topic of why law in new cycle? Thoughts...

Postby AnonymousAlterEgoC » Wed Oct 09, 2013 1:59 am

I would encourage you to be legitimate and put a lot of care into your writing. It shows. Did your WE change you? If so, change your PS, imo.

guano

Postby guano » Wed Oct 09, 2013 7:37 am

What are your numbers and where are you applying?

karmaman

Postby karmaman » Wed Oct 09, 2013 10:20 am

166,3.3 Urm but just took the oct test was Pting around 174..wanna go to SC or UCLA, but would take a full ride to pepperdine/loyola if i could. Been working in business development for major quick service restaurant ( think 5 dollar.... ) basically was thinking of discussing how it made me want to get into labor law, but not on behalf of the wmployees, but these small business owners who are constantly getting sued for every little thing by their employees which potentially puts them at risk to losing their franchise and ultimately their livelihood. They are often just as much at risk of abuse by their employees as vice versa, but this often goes unnoticed or dont care because they are the owners and people think they are cashing in on their cheap labor. Thoughts would be great, thanks everyone!

Ramius

Postby Ramius » Wed Oct 09, 2013 12:57 pm

If you're truly passionate about the whole labor law thing, that should come through in your writing, thereby negating any reservations some ADCOM may have if they look back at your application from a previous year. I sincerely doubt they will fault you for letting your personal experiences evolve who you are and what you care about. In fact, I think they universally welcome it.

karmaman

Postby karmaman » Thu Oct 10, 2013 3:11 pm

bump...anyone think this could be detrimental or would it help that I'm more focused then the previous year?

francesfarmer

Postby francesfarmer » Thu Oct 10, 2013 3:37 pm

Do adcomms actually look back at previous applications?

Return to “Law School Personal Statements”