PS: Rough Draft

(Personal Statement Examples, Advice, Critique, . . . )
Sisu

PS: Rough Draft

Postby Sisu » Mon Aug 19, 2013 11:59 am

Noted.
Last edited by Sisu on Mon Aug 19, 2013 12:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ramius

Re: PS: Rough Draft

Postby Ramius » Mon Aug 19, 2013 12:07 pm

This is not meant as a personal attack, but I think you need to scrap this whole topic. It was painful to read and I personally found very little in terms of redeemability.

I would give more specific critiques, but honestly your time would be better spent going back to the drawing board here than trying to massage this into a workable PS.

As one note to keep in mind when you write a PS: this needs to be centered on you. It needs to reveal something about you as a person and how you want the admissions committee to see you. You're bordering on that here, but you could do a much better job at painting an thoughtful, robust image of yourself and your outlook on the world.

mandyjay11

Re: PS: Rough Draft

Postby mandyjay11 » Mon Aug 19, 2013 12:15 pm

matthewsean85 wrote:This is not meant as a personal attack, but I think you need to scrap this whole topic. It was painful to read and I personally found very little in terms of redeemability.

I would give more specific critiques, but honestly your time would be better spent going back to the drawing board here than trying to massage this into a workable PS.

As one note to keep in mind when you write a PS: this needs to be centered on you. It needs to reveal something about you as a person and how you want the admissions committee to see you. You're bordering on that here, but you could do a much better job at painting an thoughtful, robust image of yourself and your outlook on the world.

+1

I stopped at "pauperdom"...

Return to “Law School Personal Statements”