Quick C&F Question Forum

(Personal Statement Examples, Advice, Critique, . . . )
sasquatchsam

Bronze

Re: Quick C&F Question

Post by sasquatchsam » Sat Aug 24, 2013 10:34 am

This hardly has anything to do with the issue at hand but I just wanted to chime in that the deer would not have been sleeping.
As an avid hunter I can tell you that deer sleep mostly during the day and sometimes (but more rarely) at night in short spurts. If you have ever had a herd of deer run across the road in front of your car at night, you know why spotlighting is unsportsmanlike. You would think your headlights are a freeze-ray :)

Anonymous User

Re: Quick C&F Question

Post by Anonymous User » Sat Aug 24, 2013 11:18 am

sasquatchsam wrote:This hardly has anything to do with the issue at hand but I just wanted to chime in that the deer would not have been sleeping.
As an avid hunter I can tell you that deer sleep mostly during the day and sometimes (but more rarely) at night in short spurts. If you have ever had a herd of deer run across the road in front of your car at night, you know why spotlighting is unsportsmanlike. You would think your headlights are a freeze-ray :)
Quite correct. Though I will say in this instance the deer was not frozen by the light. There were one or two walking about 150-200m away in the field. The deer kept walking slowly, but never looked up at us on the road and froze.

Again, this has nothing to do with the issue. This is also why we got caught. We were attempting to retrieve the deer (it was hunting season after all) and it was taking a hell of a long time due to the distance. Too long it turned out. I was the only amateur in the group (for lack of a better word). These guys were all experienced pure redneck types and worked hard to convince the college boy to come out and join the romp. What an idiot I was. They're still good friends and all doing well now. We're all grown up with kids and jobs these days!

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Law School Personal Statements”