Final draft Forum

(Personal Statement Examples, Advice, Critique, . . . )
Anonymous User

Final draft

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Aug 08, 2013 5:18 pm

Last edited by Anonymous User on Tue Aug 13, 2013 12:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

chinadoll

New

Re: Final draft

Post by chinadoll » Fri Aug 09, 2013 3:33 pm

less quotes, more about you. Drop phrases like "importance of being proactive." They make your PS read like a college application.

erik the viking

New

Post by erik the viking » Sun Aug 11, 2013 8:30 am

Good essay. Re: final paragraph. I'm pretty sure they know the major attractions their school has to offer and that you took the time to read their web site doesn't really tell why you personally want to go there. If you don't have a good reason it's probably better to minimize that part. I dunno though. I'd be interested to know what other people think about closing paragraphs that mention the school in this way.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Aug 12, 2013 10:02 am

erik the viking wrote:Good essay. Re: final paragraph. I'm pretty sure they know the major attractions their school has to offer and that you took the time to read their web site doesn't really tell why you personally want to go there. If you don't have a good reason it's probably better to minimize that part. I dunno though. I'd be interested to know what other people think about closing paragraphs that mention the school in this way.
Thanks, yeah I'm on the fence about it. I don't really think it could hurt, it's more a question of whether or not there is any value added.

Any other thoughts?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Law School Personal Statements”