Personal Statements. Individualized or not? Forum

(Personal Statement Examples, Advice, Critique, . . . )
Theopliske8711

Gold

Personal Statements. Individualized or not?

Post by Theopliske8711 » Wed Jul 03, 2013 11:46 am

To those already in law school, how did you go about it? I certainly don't care for the idea of doing a dozen different ones, but whatever if it needs to be done it needs to; however, I am wondering if that is how you go about it?

TheFutureLawyer

Gold

Re: Personal Statements. Individualized or not?

Post by TheFutureLawyer » Sat Jul 06, 2013 1:24 am

Theopliske8711 wrote:To those already in law school, how did you go about it? I certainly don't care for the idea of doing a dozen different ones, but whatever if it needs to be done it needs to; however, I am wondering if that is how you go about it?
I wrote one, put it on here, and it got destroyed. Wrote another, same (to a lesser extent). Another, same (to a lesser extent). Another, same (to a lesser extent). Then I mixed and matched the best parts of them, along with some stretching of the truth (or at least not telling the whole of it), and came to a pretty good PS.

Took four weeks for me.

ETA; didn't read/think about the title, lol. Personally, did not individualize. I can see it being helpful for some, like if you say there's some particular clinic of theirs or w/e that you want to join, but otherwise I wouldn't really bother.

Return to “Law School Personal Statements”