Critique my statement to harvard

(Personal Statement Examples, Advice, Critique, . . . )
alexrodriguez

Silver

Re: Critique my statement to harvard

Postby alexrodriguez » Tue May 07, 2013 12:21 am

A. Nony Mouse wrote:I don't think intuitive means what you think it means...

1. direct perception of truth, fact, etc., independent of any reasoning process; immediate apprehension.
2. a fact, truth, etc., perceived in this way.
3. a keen and quick insight.
4. the quality or ability of having such direct perception or quick insight.

I choose #3

A. Nony Mouse

Diamond

Postby A. Nony Mouse » Tue May 07, 2013 12:45 am

louierodriguez wrote:
A. Nony Mouse wrote:I don't think intuitive means what you think it means...

1. direct perception of truth, fact, etc., independent of any reasoning process; immediate apprehension.
2. a fact, truth, etc., perceived in this way.
3. a keen and quick insight.
4. the quality or ability of having such direct perception or quick insight.

I choose #3

Um, #3 is a noun, and intuitive is an adjective. (Actually, all these definitions are nouns.)

alexrodriguez

Silver

Postby alexrodriguez » Tue May 07, 2013 1:51 am

jesus, you win.

I should have just said intelligent.

if this is the sort of stuff I'm going to be dealing with at law school... oh buddy, I'm in for a treat.

ManOfTheMinute

Gold

Postby ManOfTheMinute » Tue May 07, 2013 2:40 am

Here are the odds you're looking at (going up to 180 on the LSAT)... and FWIW, the military bump is only a couple of points on the LSAT, so not gonna change the outcome in this case with your GPA

However, if you want to go to ANOTHER law school, I would suggest perusing this forum looking at other personal statements written by people who got into a T6 school or so... that should give you an idea what you're looking for. Also, I might suggest looking at Anna Ivey's blog posts on it, or Stanford's admission dean's blog, or Yale's admission dean's blog series - note, for the first two, I only linked to one post, but I suggest scanning the rest for some valuable tips. HLS' blog is not quite as useful, but I really think you can get an idea of the quality/type of statements they are looking for at top schools

A. Nony Mouse

Diamond

Postby A. Nony Mouse » Tue May 07, 2013 9:12 am

louierodriguez wrote:jesus, you win.

I should have just said intelligent.

if this is the sort of stuff I'm going to be dealing with at law school... oh buddy, I'm in for a treat.

Pretty much, dude.

I agree with NYstate about your PS - I actually think it was well-written, on the sentence/paragraph level (except the paragraph that goes from "I've always wanted to be a writer" to "I picked up and went to Korea" - there's nothing connecting these two ideas). But it comes across more as someone wanting to show off their writing skills than communicating a single coherent message.

(Like NYstate's post, this is based on my observation and analysis of your PS, not on my intuition.)

Return to “Law School Personal Statements�