Academic Addendum?

(Personal Statement Examples, Advice, Critique, . . . )
ajel190

New

Academic Addendum?

Postby ajel190 » Fri Feb 15, 2013 4:01 am

During my junior year of college, I was sick constantly. I got bacterial lung infection and missed several weeks of school. Then right after I recovered, I got sick again. I didn't fail any classes, but I did have a string of C's in both fall and spring semesters--and to make matters worse, two of the C's were in courses like constitutional law. My semester GPA last spring was a 2.6, and my GPA from this fall is a 3.78. Cumulatively it is a 3.32. Is it worth writing an addendum?

Davidbentley

Bronze

Re: Academic Addendum?

Postby Davidbentley » Fri Feb 15, 2013 4:27 am

Yes.

ManOfTheMinute

Gold

Postby ManOfTheMinute » Fri Feb 15, 2013 4:55 am

ajel190 wrote:During my junior year of college, I was sick constantly. I got bacterial lung infection and missed several weeks of school. Then right after I recovered, I got sick again. I didn't fail any classes, but I did have a string of C's in both fall and spring semesters--and to make matters worse, two of the C's were in courses like constitutional law. My semester GPA last spring was a 2.6, and my GPA from this fall is a 3.78. Cumulatively it is a 3.32. Is it worth writing an addendum?

Was the 2.6 when you were sick? If it was, do an addendum. If not, it won't help.

Just make sure that there is a "re-birth" story in there... about how you learned from it, etc.

XLogic

New

Postby XLogic » Sat Feb 16, 2013 3:38 am

Write an addendum. Connect the dots.

Answer questions like -- why decreasing grades here? how did you make up for it there?

If you have good recent grades, highlight this fact!!

Return to “Law School Personal Statements�