Critique my Personal Statement Please!!! Forum

(Personal Statement Examples, Advice, Critique, . . . )
Anonymous User

Critique my Personal Statement Please!!!

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Feb 13, 2013 3:26 am

deleted. thanks
Last edited by Anonymous User on Thu Feb 14, 2013 11:32 am, edited 3 times in total.

stuckinthemiddle

Bronze

Re: Critique my Personal Statement Please!!!

Post by stuckinthemiddle » Wed Feb 13, 2013 4:23 am

I sincerely hope you just wrote this in a hurry, or on a cell phone, or something because the standard of English/grammar in this statement is unacceptable.

boobz

New

Post by boobz » Wed Feb 13, 2013 1:30 pm

It was in a hurry unfortunately. I've been working on extremely late at night and I've been under the gun trying to finish the statement of purpose before visit my professor to discuss my transferring. I really could use some help, guidence, or suggestions while I continue to re-edit it so I can have a polish copy to take to my meeting with my professor

mls

New

Post by mls » Wed Feb 13, 2013 3:26 pm

This probably isn't what you want to hear, but I would pick a different topic. Use the fact that you've already completed a year of law school to your advantage and speak to the reasons you like studying the law and want to continue to do so. Then, you can elucidate why another school is a better fit for you than your current school.

boobz

New

Post by boobz » Wed Feb 13, 2013 4:20 pm

No I really appreciate it. I'm gonna take your thoughts into serious consideratoin. I've gotten some complaints about the last paragraph, reasons for transferring law school, and I need to elaborate on that a little bit more. Thank you for your suggestions, I greatly appreciate them

MartinoJ

New

Post by MartinoJ » Wed Feb 13, 2013 5:17 pm

mls wrote:This probably isn't what you want to hear, but I would pick a different topic. Use the fact that you've already completed a year of law school to your advantage and speak to the reasons you like studying the law and want to continue to do so. Then, you can elucidate why another school is a better fit for you than your current school.

I agree.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Law School Personal Statements”