Medical Addendum (please answer) Forum

(Personal Statement Examples, Advice, Critique, . . . )
barberiolisa

New

Medical Addendum (please answer)

Post by barberiolisa » Tue Feb 05, 2013 6:31 pm

Alright, my goal for next Fall is to get accepted at a Tier 1 law school (aiming for Top 30 if at all possible). And my goal for the June LSAT is to score 165-170 (like I said, that is a goal, but not sure if I can achieve it) and my gpa is at a 3.05 due to medical reasons and I had one semester of low grades due to surgery and other health problems that I have. I do not expect that writing an addendum will make a drastic difference, but I would like to explain what transpired that particular semester.

My question is: When you write an addendum for medical reasons, do you just simply write the addendum OR do you need to attach medical documentation along with it OR do you just explain what happened and write (documentation is available if needed)?

Has anyone out there had medical concerns and how did you do your addendum, just write what happened OR did you attach verifiable medical papers along with it?

gaud

Platinum

Re: Medical Addendum (please answer)

Post by gaud » Tue Feb 05, 2013 6:51 pm

I'd probably go for the third option (letting them know documentation is available). It seems a bit much to just supply it up front.

Though, I have no experience writing a medical addendum and hopefully someone who does can weigh in.

star fox

Diamond

Post by star fox » Tue Feb 05, 2013 9:36 pm

Try to get in touch with an admissions officer at the school(s) you want to apply to and see what they tell you. Either at an open house or call them.

ht2988

Bronze

Post by ht2988 » Wed Feb 06, 2013 7:45 pm

I wrote a medical addendum to explain my 3.35 GPA and first LSAT of 161 (second LSAT, which I took 2 years after the initial medical crisis, is 173).

I did not attach any official medical documentation, and I didn't specify that I would provide any if requested, though I think it's implied. So far I've gotten into Michigan and UCLA, and no school as requested documentation.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Law School Personal Statements”