Why X Critique--UIUC

(Personal Statement Examples, Advice, Critique, . . . )
simplycatalina

Why X Critique--UIUC

Postby simplycatalina » Fri Jan 11, 2013 8:30 pm

Any advice appreciated!

As I am interested in both public interest law and family law, the University of Illinois appeals to me because of the emphasis on active and experiential learning. First, I am drawn to several of the clinical programs. More specifically, I would welcome the opportunity to participate in the Domestic Violence clinic or the Family Advocacy clinic. My experience at the Alameda Point Collaborative was often frustrating in that I could not do more to help victims of domestic violence. Thus, being presented with that opportunity would be incredibly rewarding. I would be able to advocate for causes of deep importance to me, while simultaneously developing necessary skills for my career.

In addition to the clinical program, I am intrigued by several of the specific course offerings, particularly the seminars. For instance, I would love to take the “Gender and the Law” seminar because I am interested in feminist legal theory and the general relationship between women’s rights and the law. Also, several of the student organizations, namely the Family Law society and the Public Interest society, indicate to me that I would be taking classes with likeminded individuals. These factors make the University of Illinois my ideal choice.

simplycatalina

Re: Why X Critique--UIUC

Postby simplycatalina » Fri Jan 11, 2013 11:12 pm

Please help. Need to submit soon!!!

Return to “Law School Personal Statements”