Diversity/Adversity Statement for early learning disability Forum

(Personal Statement Examples, Advice, Critique, . . . )
mcr1990

New

Diversity/Adversity Statement for early learning disability

Post by mcr1990 » Thu Jan 03, 2013 6:02 pm

Hello,

I am in the process of applying to law schools and have been wondering whether individuals in the past have used a diversity/adversity statement to discuss a early learning disability they have encountered in their life. My case involves a slight case of autism and being a slow learner in grade school. However, this has greatly subsided as I've grown older but still remains in some aspects of my life. Does anyone in this forum of any examples or cases of this occuring? Would this be appropriate to state in a letter like this? If anyone knows any examples of this occuring please let me know.

Thanks

joshhoward

Bronze

Re: Diversity/Adversity Statement for early learning disability

Post by joshhoward » Fri Jan 04, 2013 10:48 am

is this also a part of your PS? If so, than probably not necessary to do anything else.

If its not in your PS, then definitely do a adversity statement. that said, make sure the focus is HOW your condition was/is a challenge to you. You comment here just mentions that is "remains in some aspects of my life". You need to be clear to adcomm not just that it remains (and/or was), but how it present adversity to you, etc.

Return to “Law School Personal Statements”