Cleared out some old material, found these tips

(Personal Statement Examples, Advice, Critique, . . . )
LSAT Hacks (Graeme)

Cleared out some old material, found these tips

Postby LSAT Hacks (Graeme) » Wed Dec 12, 2012 11:33 pm

I'm posting them here in case they're useful. Notes for an LR guide I never got around to writing.

• The LSAT depends on precision and nuance. Take note of subtle differences, and always make sure you can back up your answer based on info in the stimulus.
• Make sure you understand the stimulus as well as you can before looking at the answer choices. If you don’t understand the question, how will you find the answer?
• If you’re stuck, eliminate 2-3 answer choices you’re quite sure aren’t correct, and then focus on choosing between the remaining two.
• A caveat: always be aware you might accidentally eliminate the right answer. Don’t make anything final.
• Common Sense/Real-World knowledge can be useful, as long as you’re not using it to contradict premises. I use it frequently to help consider an argument in context.
• Approach arguments as if they were real, rather than in a mechanistic fashion.

TripTrip

Re: Cleared out some old material, found these tips

Postby TripTrip » Thu Dec 13, 2012 2:51 am

graeme wrote:I'm posting them here in case they're useful.

In the personal statements forum?

LSAT Hacks (Graeme)

Re: Cleared out some old material, found these tips

Postby LSAT Hacks (Graeme) » Thu Dec 13, 2012 12:59 pm

TripTrip wrote:
graeme wrote:I'm posting them here in case they're useful.

In the personal statements forum?

....oops

Thanks for catching that, sorry for the mixup. Very certain they're not useful here, meant to post it in the LSAT prep forum. Mods, if you see this, can you switch it or delete it?

Return to “Law School Personal Statements”