1" margins?

(Personal Statement Examples, Advice, Critique, . . . )
tekumamba

New

1" margins?

Postby tekumamba » Thu Nov 15, 2012 9:08 pm

I put my name and LSAC number in a header, and I cited a source for a statistic as well and that's in a footer. The footer has none of my writing, it is just a formalized bibliographical citation. Do you guys think that's violating the 1" margin? I'm not trying to, I just want them to know where I get my facts from.

Cheers and i hope everyones' papers are going well!

MarcusAurelius

Bronze

Re: 1" margins?

Postby MarcusAurelius » Thu Nov 15, 2012 9:15 pm

Do you really think its necessary to have a formalized bibliographical citation within a personal statement? Why can't you say something simple like "According to (source)" followed by the statistic?

tekumamba

New

Postby tekumamba » Thu Nov 15, 2012 9:51 pm

haha i love your tar. its perfect for your reply =P. yeah i figured out a way to get rid of it, it's just a lot less specific to say "According to [website]". I thought they might like the actual published source. cool thanks!

dextermorgan

Silver

Postby dextermorgan » Thu Nov 15, 2012 10:55 pm

tekumamba wrote:I put my name and LSAC number in a header, and I cited a source for a statistic as well and that's in a footer. The footer has none of my writing, it is just a formalized bibliographical citation. Do you guys think that's violating the 1" margin? I'm not trying to, I just want them to know where I get my facts from.

Cheers and i hope everyones' papers are going well!

Dude, seriously?

MarcusAurelius

Bronze

Postby MarcusAurelius » Fri Nov 16, 2012 1:39 am

tekumamba wrote:haha i love your tar. its perfect for your reply =P. yeah i figured out a way to get rid of it, it's just a lot less specific to say "According to [website]". I thought they might like the actual published source. cool thanks!

Less is more in the practice of law.

Return to “Law School Personal Statements�