PS Length (I don't see this covered on the first few pages) Forum

(Personal Statement Examples, Advice, Critique, . . . )
Anonymous User

PS Length (I don't see this covered on the first few pages)

Post by Anonymous User » Sat Nov 10, 2012 12:06 pm

This may be a really stupid question, but if a school requires the essay to be two pages does that mean it has to fit two pages on the PDF of your application when you are reviewing it? The reason I as is because I have mine fitting on two pages on Word but when I look review my application the essay goes over 2.5 pages. And I am using 11 point font, TNR, double spaced...

TIA

cynthiad

Bronze

Re: PS Length (I don't see this covered on the first few pages)

Post by cynthiad » Mon Nov 12, 2012 12:06 am

Anonymous User wrote:This may be a really stupid question, but if a school requires the essay to be two pages does that mean it has to fit two pages on the PDF of your application when you are reviewing it? The reason I as is because I have mine fitting on two pages on Word but when I look review my application the essay goes over 2.5 pages. And I am using 11 point font, TNR, double spaced...

TIA
Yeah, it has to look like two pages to the adcomm. Is it possible to save it as a PDF and then upload it? That would preserve the formatting. Otherwise, cut it until it's two pages. I think the problem might be font size--try getting it to two pages in 12 point font.

Return to “Law School Personal Statements”