Personal Statement for Re-Apply, UWisc Help

(Personal Statement Examples, Advice, Critique, . . . )
Chriz

Personal Statement for Re-Apply, UWisc Help

Postby Chriz » Tue Oct 30, 2012 10:16 pm

I applied to the University of Wisconsin last year and I was waitlisted. I am reapplying this year and have done nothing but worked a minimum wage job since graduating. What is the best way to make it seem like I have done something since graduating? What is a good theme/topic for my personal statement?

getemgoon

Re: Personal Statement for Re-Apply, UWisc Help

Postby getemgoon » Wed Oct 31, 2012 12:49 am

I don't mean to be rude, but taking a whole year off and not working full time/interning/volunteering wasn't the best idea. As for what you can do for your personal statement - you don't necessarily have to write about something you did that affects your decision to attend law school. It can be something you experienced.

Also, if you re-took the LSAT and you think you're in the clear, I wouldn't worry too much about the personal statement. If not, here's how I started on the personal statement:

I read a lot of examples on this website. A lot.
I brainstormed ideas with smart people.

Best of luck.

Chriz

Re: Personal Statement for Re-Apply, UWisc Help

Postby Chriz » Wed Oct 31, 2012 6:34 pm

Thanks, for the advice.. I am retaking in February... Should I wait to apply till after I retake or just apply and then provide them with the new score after? I haven't found a lot of good employment opportunities since graduating... Political Science was a terrible idea.

Return to “Law School Personal Statements”