(Personal Statement Examples, Advice, Critique, . . . )

What do you think

I like it and intend to use it
80%
I like it but it doesn't seem useful to me
No votes
I like it but I have doubts (that I posted about in the thread)
No votes
WTF this is spam
20%

Total votes: 5

Feedback Help

Postby Feedback Help » Sun Sep 16, 2012 10:27 am

VasaVasori

Re: New Free Feedback Exchange Website

Postby VasaVasori » Sun Sep 16, 2012 11:20 am

it's a good idea - I like it, and will probably use it.

If you need any help with the coding, let me know :) It's impressive that you were able to do that if you had never used php or html in the past.

Feedback Help

Postby Feedback Help » Sun Sep 16, 2012 11:31 am

VasaVasori wrote:it's a good idea - I like it, and will probably use it.

If you need any help with the coding, let me know :) It's impressive that you were able to do that if you had never used php or html in the past.

Thank You! I appreciate the nice words--I've been nervous to release it.

VasaVasori

Postby VasaVasori » Sun Sep 16, 2012 11:43 am

Feedback Help wrote:
VasaVasori wrote:it's a good idea - I like it, and will probably use it.

Thank You! I appreciate the nice words--I've been nervous to release it.

A question/suggestion... you say that the documents are only shown to one person. What if the person to which they're "assigned" never actually posts a review? It might be a good idea to have privacy settings, perhaps generally and then modifiable to each document.

For example, you can have an option like: show to at most X # of people (with a maximum value of like 20 or something).

This also gives people the opportunity to get more reviews in, thus building their "karma" as tracked by the website.

I, for example, would prefer to review a bunch of stuff on there, and then, when I post something, get the feedback of ten different people on my paper, instead of just reviewing one or two things and then only getting one response to one of my papers.

The website will also help people out in that if they do that, they'll get experience reading other people's writing, and that will likely help them with their own (unless they're just a better writer than everyone else already).

Edit: Okay, I now see that this isn't a matter of a 1:1 type ratio of reviewing and being reviewed. Still, I think the point stands that I'd prefer to get the feedback of multiple people if I were to upload something, rather than just one person.

Also, this raises another question: what if someone just uploads one review, does it really well, and gets feedback of 10/10. Does that mean that they don't have to review anymore - they'll just be paired with other users who have high ratings, even though they only reviewed one thing, forever?

Feedback Help

Postby Feedback Help » Sun Sep 16, 2012 12:14 pm

I like that idea a lot actually. I'll make that change. It might take me a few days to actually get it rolled out though.

admisionquestion

Postby admisionquestion » Sun Sep 16, 2012 4:59 pm

I'm going to post a paper on there tomorrow. I hope someone grabs it!

Return to “Law School Personal Statements”