Okay to refer to "you"?

(Personal Statement Examples, Advice, Critique, . . . )
taf889

Okay to refer to "you"?

Postby taf889 » Sun Sep 09, 2012 6:10 pm

At the end of my Ps, i want to address the ad comm. I'm wondering if it's acceptable in this context to say 'You', or if i should just find another way to say it.

The Platypus

Re: Okay to refer to "you"?

Postby The Platypus » Sun Sep 09, 2012 6:19 pm

taf889 wrote:At the end of my Ps, i want to address the ad comm. I'm wondering if it's acceptable in this context to say 'You', or if i should just find another way to say it.

And how will this exactly work?

" *tells heartbreaking story of overcoming challenge to come to law school*

NOW...to YOU, Mr. AdComm. To YOU, I direct the most meaningful part of this PS! I know where YOU live..where your children live. Please, please, will YOU accept me? I WANT in at your phenomenal institution! I think if my application is lacking in anything, I just want to make sure YOU know I provide other...*cough*...personal favors, based on your requests. Monetary...or......otherwise.

Thank YOU, Mr. AdComm. And if it is a Ms. AdComm, believe me, I can be YOUR delight.

Winks and Hearts-
Law Student Who Wants to Get Personal"

taf889

Re: Okay to refer to "you"?

Postby taf889 » Sun Sep 09, 2012 6:33 pm

The Platypus wrote:
taf889 wrote:At the end of my Ps, i want to address the ad comm. I'm wondering if it's acceptable in this context to say 'You', or if i should just find another way to say it.

And how will this exactly work?

" *tells heartbreaking story of overcoming challenge to come to law school*

NOW...to YOU, Mr. AdComm. To YOU, I direct the most meaningful part of this PS! I know where YOU live..where your children live. Please, please, will YOU accept me? I WANT in at your phenomenal institution! I think if my application is lacking in anything, I just want to make sure YOU know I provide other...*cough*...personal favors, based on your requests. Monetary...or......otherwise.

Thank YOU, Mr. AdComm. And if it is a Ms. AdComm, believe me, I can be YOUR delight.

Winks and Hearts-
Law Student Who Wants to Get Personal"

Wait, you're not writing that in your PS are you? because i thought of it first

Return to “Law School Personal Statements”