Several PS topics, wanna know which one should be included

(Personal Statement Examples, Advice, Critique, . . . )
lxhyss
Posts: 50
Joined: Wed Nov 02, 2011 10:36 pm

Several PS topics, wanna know which one should be included

Postby lxhyss » Tue Aug 07, 2012 9:13 am

Well, I'm going to apply this cycle. So hopefully it is not too late to think about my PS now.
Any input will be appreciated, as long as it is reasonable.
Here are the topics:
1. Went to an racial autonomy province(you are right I'm international.) for college. Facing many hardships such as culture shock, language and climate at first, but was able to overcome it at last.
2. Once traveled by plane and when the it is going to land, the radio said we should keep our seatbelt fasten, but people just ignore and unfasten it anyway, which made me realize the importance of order and hence the law
3. Went to a government orphanage to hold a series of lectures, which last for several months and is about basic knowledge of law and something else. Moved by their positive attitude to their hard life and decided to fight for their rights, using a weapon called law.
4. Being a philosophy major, obsessed by hermeneutic at college and regard it as the best way to reveal truth, finally choose to apply law school because law is hermeneutic in essence.

Are the topics above appropiate for a law school PS?
Last edited by lxhyss on Thu Aug 09, 2012 11:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
CorkBoard
Posts: 3216
Joined: Sat Sep 03, 2011 6:05 pm

Re: Several PS topics, wanna know which one should be included

Postby CorkBoard » Tue Aug 07, 2012 10:26 am

lxhyss wrote:Well, I'm going to apply this cycle. So hopefully it is not too late to think about my PS now.
Any input will be appreciated, as long as it is reasonable.
Here are the topics:
1. Went to an racial autonomy province(you are right I'm international.) for college. Facing many hardships such as culture shock, language and climate at first, but was able to overcome it at last.
2. Once traveled by plane and when the it is going to land, the radio said we should keep our seatbelt fasten, but people just ignore and unfasten it anyway, which made me realize the importance of order and hence the law
3. Went to a government orphanage for a lecture, which last for several months and is about basic knowledge of law and something else. Moved by their positive attitude to their hard life and decided to fight for their rights, using a weapon called law.
4. Being a philosophy major, obsessed by hermeneutic at college and regard it as the best way to reveal truth, finally choose to apply law school because law is hermeneutic in essence.

Are the topics above appropiate for a law school PS?

#1 might be okay.

LOL @ #2 though.

tigershark
Posts: 89
Joined: Tue May 08, 2012 5:01 pm

Re: Several PS topics, wanna know which one should be included

Postby tigershark » Tue Aug 07, 2012 10:28 am

CorkBoard wrote:
lxhyss wrote:Well, I'm going to apply this cycle. So hopefully it is not too late to think about my PS now.
Any input will be appreciated, as long as it is reasonable.
Here are the topics:
1. Went to an racial autonomy province(you are right I'm international.) for college. Facing many hardships such as culture shock, language and climate at first, but was able to overcome it at last.
2. Once traveled by plane and when the it is going to land, the radio said we should keep our seatbelt fasten, but people just ignore and unfasten it anyway, which made me realize the importance of order and hence the law
3. Went to a government orphanage for a lecture, which last for several months and is about basic knowledge of law and something else. Moved by their positive attitude to their hard life and decided to fight for their rights, using a weapon called law.
4. Being a philosophy major, obsessed by hermeneutic at college and regard it as the best way to reveal truth, finally choose to apply law school because law is hermeneutic in essence.

Are the topics above appropiate for a law school PS?

#1 might be okay.

LOL @ #2 though.


I agree wih Cork.

lxhyss
Posts: 50
Joined: Wed Nov 02, 2011 10:36 pm

Re: Several PS topics, wanna know which one should be included

Postby lxhyss » Thu Aug 09, 2012 11:00 am

Thanks for the input above. Any ideas about #3 and #4?

User avatar
CorkBoard
Posts: 3216
Joined: Sat Sep 03, 2011 6:05 pm

Re: Several PS topics, wanna know which one should be included

Postby CorkBoard » Fri Aug 10, 2012 8:53 am

lxhyss wrote:Any ideas about #3 and #4?

They aren't good topics.

User avatar
tyler.durden
Posts: 287
Joined: Wed Jun 13, 2012 1:12 pm

Re: Several PS topics, wanna know which one should be included

Postby tyler.durden » Fri Aug 10, 2012 9:08 am

I'm no expert, still trying to figure out my PS. That being said I agree with Cork, #1 has potential... dont think you should bother with the others.

lxhyss
Posts: 50
Joined: Wed Nov 02, 2011 10:36 pm

Re: Several PS topics, wanna know which one should be included

Postby lxhyss » Fri Aug 10, 2012 9:16 am

tyler.durden wrote:I'm no expert, still trying to figure out my PS. That being said I agree with Cork, #1 has potential... dont think you should bother with the others.

Thanks, good luck on your ps and law school app

lxhyss
Posts: 50
Joined: Wed Nov 02, 2011 10:36 pm

Re: Several PS topics, wanna know which one should be included

Postby lxhyss » Fri Aug 10, 2012 9:17 am

CorkBoard wrote:
lxhyss wrote:Any ideas about #3 and #4?

They aren't good topics.

Thank you bro I really don't know what to do with it, as English is my second language.




Return to “Law School Personal Statements”

Who is online

The online users are hidden on this forum.